Boxes vs. bags. A question....

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only CRH'ed boxes up till this point (Brink's halves and the Brink's clear wrapped pennies). So I'm at my supply bank today to withdraw some cash and ask the teller that usually orders for me, " Hey, do you have any boxes of pennies or nickels I can get"? She says she has bags. I'm thinking, cool, because I hear alot of ya'll say bags are better.
My question is --- what kinda of bags are ya'll referring to? My $25 bag of pennies and $100 bag of nickels consisted of a clear plastic bag with customer wrapped rolls inside. Not really what I was expecting, but there are several different types of wrappers, so maybe they aren't dumps.
Please chime in on the bags ya'll do and your opinions of bags vs. boxes.
Thanks and HH to all,
Legend

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Most bags of loose coin are taken directly from the coin counter. Many banks and CU's that don't have counters insist that customers roll their own coin. When the bank gets a surplus of rolls, they ship it off, in my area it's $500 clear bags.
I prefer the bags of customer rolled, as opposed to loose coin, easier for me to search.
As far as which is better, bags or boxes, my average is the same for dimes. The only half dollar bag I've scored produced about 35 or so silvers. I haven't searched boxes in about a year, i consider it a waste of my time (my time spent dirtfishing is quality time). ffd

OP
OP
legend76

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks fistfulladirt, exactly the response I'm looking for. I live in a small, small town and never saw a coin counter until coinstar came in to business (still none of them in my town). So I'm thinking I did good getting the $25 CWR of pennies and $100 in nicks. Thanks and HH,
Legend

Oh, I have to roll my dumps, which makes doing halves a chore....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread