fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We bought a new cordless phone system with 3 phones. One is waterproof so I put it in the shop. While reading the owner's manual my wife noticed an intercom feature so I set it up. Now I can hear her lovely voice calling me and calling me and calling me.............
Other than selling my 65 GTO this is probably the biggest mistake I have ever made!!
I reckon I can ignore the page and when she asks why I didn't answer her I can always say the air compressor or something else was running and I didn't hear it.
You'd of thought at almost 61 years old I would have learned by now.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fyrffytr1 said:
We bought a new cordless phone system with 3 phones. One is waterproof so I put it in the shop. While reading the owner's manual my wife noticed an intercom feature so I set it up. Now I can hear her lovely voice calling me and calling me and calling me.............
Other than selling my 65 GTO this is probably the biggest mistake I have ever made!!
I reckon I can ignore the page and when she asks why I didn't answer her I can always say the air compressor or something else was running and I didn't hear it.

We have all had lapses in judgement, I am sorry for your loss!
Maybe you could drop the phone in the Planer? Or if you are a car buff, the parts washer, without the battery cover on it?
Good luck sir!

F

Felinepeachy

sarcastic_hand.gif

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fyrffytr1 said:
selling my 65 GTO this is probably the biggest mistake I have ever made!!

Yeah I would agree!!!!!!! Not many of those running the roadways!!

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As the old saying goes; "With progress comes chaos" :thumbsup: Why many people I know refuse to be 'tagged' & carry a cell phone. Just another pain-in-the-butt. Sometimes you just don't want to be reached :laughing7: Same as it is with computers, credit cards and virtually every other 'convenience' or 'advancement' in technology :icon_sunny:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
fyrffytr1 said:

Made the same Mistake A FEW YEARS AGO!!! Good thing I can turn off My Hearing Aid!!! HH Chug!!!!!

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bummer! I know what it's like. My shop is attached to the house so she just bangs on the wall. Think I'd rather have an intercom. >:(
I do have a cell phone. It's in the center divider in my car and it is turned off. It's for MY use; it is NOT a leash. I don't even know what my number is. :icon_scratch:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
packerbacker said:
bummer! I know what it's like. My shop is attached to the house so she just bangs on the wall. Think I'd rather have an intercom. >:(
I do have a cell phone. It's in the center divider in my car and it is turned off. It's for MY use; it is NOT a leash. I don't even know what my number is. :icon_scratch:
I share the same problems and perks that you do . I do know my own cell # . On rare occasions
I call it cause I want to talk to someone as smart as I am :tongue3: :laughing9:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9:

bust that sucker somehow

I don't have a cell phone. hate them. I don't want to be reached...never use them.

hubby loves his and lives with it attached to his hand day and night it seems LOL

he says get one so I can contact you....I say nope, :wink:

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheHarleyMan2 said:
fyrffytr1 said:
selling my 65 GTO this is probably the biggest mistake I have ever made!!

Yeah I would agree!!!!!!! Not many of those running the roadways!!
By this time next year my 67 GTO convertible should be done. I have been working on it for about 4 years and am almost ready for paint.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread