Boy Finds 14,000-Year-Old Arrowhead-- Article Link

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Cool!

Naive little fellow. That's the last place i would have thought of to put it right away.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
a. how do you date an arrowhead?

b. see a

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting clip!! I think the expert needs to talk to another expert!! I can't believe that a boy that age did not want to keep that point??? Tony

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 83
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 85

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Shame that he gave it to the Smithsonian. Like they need more stuff to hide in their archives where it is never seen again.

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see nothing where he gave it to the Smithsonian (local museum- I read there). And he was given a special box to keep it in. Did I miss some crucial facts here or is he doing what many, many kids would do? I've been teaching my young students about Native American archaeology, and they don't know what's literally under their feet-- literally. Seems to me folks here are being a bit arch- about how they view a pretty typical American kid and what he found- and what he's doing with it. Nice article-- thanks for sharing. So close to where I used to live (wish it had been me!) HH Yakker

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Wonderful find and a wonderful sentiment by the kid. It was pretty unselfish of him to choose donating it to a museum, where others can enjoy it as well.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I see nothing where he gave it to the Smithsonian (local museum- I read there). And he was given a special box to keep it in. Did I miss some crucial facts here or is he doing what many, many kids would do? I've been teaching my young students about Native American archaeology, and they don't know what's literally under their feet-- literally. Seems to me folks here are being a bit arch- about how they view a pretty typical American kid and what he found- and what he's doing with it. Nice article-- thanks for sharing. So close to where I used to live (wish it had been me!) HH Yakker

Yakker, yes, he did give it to the Smithsonian. That's Dennis Stanford of the Smithsonian in the photo.....

Boy gifts ancient Clovis point to Smithsonian - GrindTV.com

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 65

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful specimen I love that salt water black patina only a couple little dings in it from what I can see

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread