2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
spent Sunday out on the claim with dagreat and his son and then another 2 days on my own on the upper claim on the Yuba River.
discovered someone cut the chain to my trolley when i arrived to my upper claim the following day, so i will be going up again to chain it up with something a little more beefy.
Had a great time finding gold and silver, sluicing and detecting, that GMT sure does work great found a small picker and the silver what ever it might be.
it was hot and the diggin tough, the girls had the right idea so i followed suit, picked a spot in the shade and started to dig along bedrock, lost count of how many buckets i moved, got down to the babys*** layer and then a bit of the bluegray. enjoy

Attachments

• IMG_0304.JPG
    IMG_0304.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 609
  • IMG_0303.JPG
    IMG_0303.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 579
  • IMG_0296.JPG
    IMG_0296.JPG
    217 KB · Views: 588
  • IMG_0297.JPG
    IMG_0297.JPG
    217.7 KB · Views: 590
  • IMG_0298.JPG
    IMG_0298.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 580
  • IMG_0293.JPG
    IMG_0293.JPG
    189.3 KB · Views: 579
  • IMG_0295.JPG
    IMG_0295.JPG
    195.4 KB · Views: 607

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Sorry to hear about the trolley and lock. :(

Looks like you did good with that spot, nice chunk!! :icon_sunny:

Everybody looks like they were having a good time.

I sure wish we could fix this whole dredging mess, sure isn't right. I think it will take all of us prospectors, not just California, we should all unite as a group!!! :help:

goldcur

Greenie
Jul 22, 2011
Great pictures. Nice gold. I really like the pictures of the hole you were working on, how deep, did you hit bedrock etc. I love everything about prospecting. Love the picture of your dog by the river too. Thanks!

prospectordamon

Mar 31, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's MXT/6X10 DD Coil/950 Coil
looks like you had your work cut out for you! keep up the good work and nice gold!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TEST CASE COMING UP AND AN APPEALATE COURT APPEAL IS THE ANSWER ASAP,till then private property rocks--John :laughing7:

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
:crybaby2: I miss mine to.
Diggin them holes is tough work,
But I wont stop, Fk them, they are not gettin me out.

Hefty

OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I started on my cons yesterday, when i saw this, my belly waas doin flip-flops
soakin in acid right now, thats a 10" pan +30 material

HJ, yeah, i heard rumors too, til i get my heater hose in my wetsuit i not holdin my breath, good to hear yur workin.

GW, trolley is fine, who ever it was jjust cut the chain, was able to use what was left to lock up the trolley, when i go up i will take the wheels off and use a better chian

goldcur, hole is better the waist deep right now and i am still following bedrock down, doubt i will reach bottom this side of the river i am workin on bottom can be deep exspecialy when using a shovel

Hefty yeah this diggin is all new to me, i say get up there while the gettin is good, when i reached the babysh** layer i counldn't belive what i saw comin out just using a sluice box

i brought home about 1/3 of a 5 gallon bucket

Attachments

• IMG_0306.JPG
    IMG_0306.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 569

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With color like that its no wonder you miss your dredge. At least they cut the chain and not the lock. Had that happen on a jobsite once.

If you think its going to be an ongoing problem you might hide a game camera where it can get a view of your lock/chain.

good luck and nice shine. :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
calisdad
LMAO, thanks for the idea, Think i will just put a heavy duty chain and lock on it and take the wheels off, see what happens

dagreat

Feb 28, 2010
Upper Lake
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000 with 11" M/DD and GoldScreamer pack
Etrac with 15x18 SEF & 10" Slimeline with inline Sunray
F75 with 11" & 5" DD with inline Sunray for my son
Garrett Infinium with 14" DD, 8" mono and 3x7 DD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Frank... looks like you did a lot better than I. Looking good. Thanks again for having Kai and I up. Hope to see you soon, Rob

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i finnally got out with my dredge for 2 weeks on the Arkansa River in Colorado with my friends on their cliam.i havent done a cleanup yet but the other guys were detting lots of fine gold and even 1 little picker.the carpet (Shaw-Veranda)that Hoser got me worked really nice.i really got the dredge tuned in for fine gold.i did everything the same as my old setup except for that carpet and im impressed with it! THANKYOU John!!! now what can you do for me for my old bones that are telling me to stop this maddness!:):) its getting harder each year to keep up!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Russau--you are talkn' your bones right??? :laughing7: Dr. John prescribes plenty of Jose mixed in with a shot--or 2--of 151 to ease them aching bones and even might help ya keep sumthang up too????John :hello2: :hello: sure wish ya was closer bud,toooooooooooooo much fun partying with ya and the CCC in DCWY :dontknow:

catfishjim90

Mar 29, 2011
Russ sounds like you had a good time in colorado. I know your bones were hurting at sugar creek.I slept for 24 hours when i got home, legs a killing me,If you get time how a bout posting your colorado gold pics, Would love to see them.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
catfishjim90 said:
Russ sounds like you had a good time in colorado. I know your bones were hurting at sugar creek.I slept for 24 hours when i got home, legs a killing me,If you get time how a bout posting your colorado gold pics, Would love to see them.
i would if i knew how-to!and whenever i get them cleaned up! how was Indiana this time?

catfishjim90

Mar 29, 2011
Russ i ended up going up to myland Missouri. Tried my luck on locus creek,one or two fly poo specks.Has anybody out there had any luck on locus creek, or any creeks in northern missouri?
I know it,s only glacial gold but gold is gold.

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
russau said:
John i was doing the 3 shot method and it worked fine for me untill i ran out of..........but Leonard got me somemore!haha good times for sure!

:laughing9: Unfortunately, I don't drink, so I tried a couple of hits of my new, untested Medical herbs.

It took care of the back pain, but I didn't get any gold. I FORGOT WHAT I WAS ON THE RIVER FOR!! :laughing9: :laughing9:

2cmorau, Beautiful!!! Like to see more.

Eagle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread