Boy Scout Good Luck Token

kc in wv

Greenie
Sep 5, 2004
I found this while out today between the rain showers.? From the research I did this design was
one of the original from when the Scouts were organized in 1910.? The front shows a Scout on a
horse and says ?Boy Scouts? ? Manufactured by the Excelsior Shoe Company Portsmouth O.?

The reverse has? ?Membership Emblem of the Boy Scouts Club? ? ? Good Luck? and has a design
similar to a reverse Swastika with a horse shoe, wishbone, and a? 4 leaf clover inside of of the
arms.? The 4th arm I can?t tell what it is.

I noticed that on the front the abbreviation for company is a o inside of a C, and also the
abbreviation for Ohio is a simple O.? The token was manufactured with the hole in the top so it
could be tied to the shoes with a shoestring

Upvote 0

Doug Mauck

Sep 7, 2004
Topeka, Kansas
I found one identical to yours a couple of months ago. It was made by Excelsior Shoe Company. It's one of my favorite finds! I found mine on the surface in a local park where they had done some trenching.......always a good place to look!

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would they tie them to their shoes? My wonder they are turning up, thousands must have been lost.

hunt4stuff

Greenie
Oct 12, 2004
Just a note that Boy or Girl Scout items draw BIG money on auctions. An old Scout pin can bring a few hundred dollars or more. I had no clue till a client brought some to me to sell for him.

C

chance_kovac

About 5 years ago I found a similar coin. an Excelsior Shoe Company good luck token for boy scouts. I have the 3rd version of this token. The front: a boy riding a horse and the back with the swastika and the 4 luck charms. with no date. a good site that I have found with some useful info on this token is:

http://members.aol.com/randywoo/bsahis/coin.htm

The token was found in Safford Az. in a burn pit I was digging through, no other structure near the pit. nor anything or shoe remenise was found. If anyone knows the value of this token please leave a reply.

Ryan.

nedigger

Sep 30, 2004
Omaha, NE
Found this one today near the corner of the lot of an elementary school in an older section of town. HH.

Attachments

• ExcelsiorShoeCo0001.JPG
    ExcelsiorShoeCo0001.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 1,234
  • ExcelsiorShoeCo0002.JPG
    ExcelsiorShoeCo0002.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 1,255

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Heres mine from about 10 years ago. They wee tied to shoes because they came with shoes made by the shoe company. Not a scout made item. But, very cool.

Attachments

• finds1.jpg
    finds1.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 845
  • finds1.jpg
    finds1.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 720

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find!

HH

Lonewolfe

O

ozzysdad

I saw this post and had to dig out the one i found last year, Same year, But no swatiska? But thot i would share.. ;)

Attachments

• ImageBoyscouts1910.jpg
    ImageBoyscouts1910.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 704

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions