Boy scout related stuff

slag

Jul 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son is a first year in boy scouts and the meeting place is basically out behind our property in a cabin behind a church. We live in town and the scouts have this cabin they use on church property.

At any rate, we went out looking in the field the church owns and made our way over to the cabin. On the way we dug up a lot of old beer and soda cans, a few square nails, and an old shotgun shell.

When we got to the cabin, we initially dug up a few pull tabs, and then found a neckerchief slide. Within about an hour, we found two more slides, a scout oath token (worth around 10 bucks), a metal arrowhead charm, and some clad. We have a lot more hits we didn't dig since the ground is hard and it is right near the flagpole where people gather during the weekly ceremony.

We hope to go back tonight and find more items and give them back to the troop. One of the neckerchief slides we detected was in about 2 inches of soil, under a weed barrier that had about two inches of white river rock on it.

I'm using a bounty hunter 202 currently. I don't know how old some of this stuff is, but the coins range from early 70's to late 90's, and the rock was put in sometime in the early 90's.

scouts.jpg

Upvote 0

milk86

Jun 6, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
on the buffalo item....are there any words on it. I know there are atleast two different types of buffalo awards...Silver and white buffalo. also any thing on the token above that? I see there is info on it but cannot make out any words on it.

Me I have been scouting for 4 years as an adult. I like those scout saves.:hello2:

OP
OP
S

slag

Jul 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The buffalo was found at a park right before we went to the scouting area. It says WYOMING on the front, and on the back is a short history of the buffalo. Looks like it was a charm that the chain piece broke off of.

As for the token, here is an identical one on Ebay. Vintage Boy Scouts Of America BSA Coin Antique Brass Scout Oath & Creed Token | eBay

It is the vintage one, not the newer, smaller one with the wording spaced close together.

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the scouting finds.....................HH:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread