Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Scroll down on this page for a pic of both sides of your token: http://www.boyscoutstuff.com/Galleries/Advertising/advertising.html
I think it's interest to note (as this site states) "Boy Scouting was a very popular advertising theme during the 1910s. Many companies developed "Boy Scout" products during this period. These products, strangely enough, often have apparently nothing to do with Boy Scouting. A good example of such a product is illustrated by the advertising label for "Boy Scout" oranges below. Companies that did not produce "Boy Scout" products also often used Boy Scout themes in their advertisements. Kellogg's and Kodak are two of the most prominent companies to use such advertisements. Boy Scout advertisements during the 1910s would have appealed both to boys that were actually involved in Scouting, and to individuals for whom the values of Boy Scouting represented something they wished to cultivate, such as hardiness or wholesomeness. For example, the Grape Nuts advertisement appearing below draws upon this theme, suggesting that Grape Nuts will help good Scouts, and presumably all who eat it, keep themselves "physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight."

Don.....

cwtokenman

Jul 14, 2009
Post a pic of the other side and I should be able to id it for you. There are something like 30 to 40 varieties of that token, and a few of them are quite scarce.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread