Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: BP Live Video Feed Gulf Oil Leak

Mental Granny said:
It so bad knowing that sooo very many people have lost the way to support their fanilies and futer generations to live but, also all tha animals are suffering before they die.

Yes it is sad. As an ethical hunter you never want to see any creature ever suffer. They should put the ones down that are in misery and focus on the ones that can still show signs of flight. I am sure that sounds bad to many but it is the right thing to do. Even the beloved bird experts agree on where and what to focus on and its is not the oil caked near death birds.
We just saw the Brown pelican come off the endangered list last year.
There is a large eco system under the water we do not see and have no control over.
I was wondering if they stationed people to keep pushing and scare the migrating birds from landing in these areas or could possibly try to push out the ones deeper in the marshes.
Maybe BigCypHuntr has some thoughts from working these types of areas..

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

As far as I know it hasnt reached Floridas mangroves or the Keys yet so I really dont know and I spend most of my time inland from the coast.. I wouldnt mind getting a job here in Florida helping injured birds if it becomes available.

The only good news that I have heard is that the warm climate will accelerate the oil eating bacteria process. It will naturally disentegrate faster than in Alaska.

Our environment can only take so much pollution. It will survive but with a lot less fish and wildlife. Its sad to see the turtles and dolphins caught up in this.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

And they've said the dolphins should be calfing soon !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread