abucooche

Feb 23, 2011
CENTRAL ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
white's mxt pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Swartzie said:
Holy crap!! You have a helluva site there. Are these from Alabama?

-Swartzie

hello, and yes from alabama and all was found from the same site. well, apparently i have found a good site, guess i will keep on digging....... tons of stuff left to find!!! went out today and found my very first copper trade ring (with a heart). i will post a pic this weekend..
i only wish i was as knowledgable to know everything that i am finding, guess i can post it here and find out from the experts!

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
abucooche said:
Swartzie said:

-Swartzie

hello, and yes from alabama and all was found from the same site. well, apparently i have found a good site, guess i will keep on digging....... tons of stuff left to find!!! went out today and found my very first copper trade ring (with a heart). i will post a pic this weekend..
i only wish i was as knowledgable to know everything that i am finding, guess i can post it here and find out from the experts!

There's a good reference book for identifying stuff. It's called "Indian Trade Relics" by Lar Hothem. There's also an awesome website with tons of fur trade trade stuff. Hats off to Bob for such an awesome display of finds. http://www.bobsphotogallery.com/gallery2/v/FurTrade/

-Swartzie

MarkDz

Oct 1, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver UMax
Amazing work! :icon_thumright: I'd be thrilled to find any of that.

OP
OP
A

abucooche

Feb 23, 2011
CENTRAL ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
white's mxt pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Swartzie said:
abucooche said:
Swartzie said:

-Swartzie

There's a good reference book for identifying stuff. It's called "Indian Trade Relics" by Lar Hothem. There's also an awesome website with tons of fur trade trade stuff. Hats off to Bob for such an awesome display of finds. http://www.bobsphotogallery.com/gallery2/v/FurTrade/

-Swartzie
hey swartzie, thanks for the info on "indian trade relics", i bought the book last week. it's a good book, and amazing how many of those items that i have found! thanks again

Steve Ia

Aug 22, 2010
You have found a dream site there. I was able to detect a Fur Trade site for about five years and it was the best detecting I've ever had. I never found a single coin there, but some buddies found a couple of Spanish silver there. Most would only dream of a site like that so have fun and look forward to seeing more of your finds. Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread