Brain dead tellers

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
I am almost always very nice to the tellers, but every so often i lose it when trying to explain the difference between , CRW/ hand rolls/people rolls/client rolls from bankrolled/fed rolled/machined rolled/armored car rolled.

The latest was when a teller wanted to get her manager to figure out what i wanted when i said to the teller " Are you kidding me? Are you telling me you dont know the difference between the coins the armored car delivers and the coins an old lady rolls and brings in?:

Upvote 0

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
Being a teller isn't a high paying job. It doesn't attract the smartest people in the world, because they can make a lot more money in other positions. It really is a high stress - low end job. Be nice to your tellers. Most are cute, sweet, and like to flirt.

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
The most common trait among tellers is incompetence--just part of the game.

Jump over whatever they throw or drop in your path and

Keep on Rollin' !

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
Might also be a part of how you are explaining it to them. I was getting coffee at Dunkin Donuts and for a while was asking for 2 sugars and light on the cream and they kept making it light when I wanted it dark. It was a while, was before I had my coffee, before I realized that me saying light on the cream to them meant light not dark. Maybe trying a few different words might help them understand and help you get what you want.

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe try asking for "brown wrappers"? I'm with Dok on this one. Most tellers are very nice and go out of their way to help. My experience is also that most are as smart as any other person you'd run into day in and day out.

Honestly, I think that even though the question doesn't seem hard to answer for us, they often get tripped up because they are looking at it from a different perspective.

99.9% of the time, they just need to give out the denominations that people ask for. Now all the sudden someone is asking about the origins of the coins? I don't think the tellers normally think twice about this.

Again, the teller was going to get a manager beause he/she was confused, but wanted to help you even though they didn't know how. No need to get angry when someone is trying their best to serve you.

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Honestly I think it's laziness. I have one bank I visit every so often and every time I go it's the same teller I work with and every time I have to spend five minutes explaining to her what I want and every time she has to get the manager. I really think she just doesn't want to get out of her chair.
The other branches I visit know exactly what I'm asking about the first time I ask.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread