Brand New XLT...what is a fair price from the dealer?

AlaskaAng

Dec 23, 2004
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

I finally found a brand new XLT in the box from a dealer, he is asking MSRP minus 10%, so his price would be $810. I understand it's just the machine, chargers and manual that would normally come in the box, no extras.

In your opinion, would this be a good price since the XLT is no longer made and it's older technology. I know I can get the VX3 for $900 but this machine isn't for me it's for a friend just starting out. I started out with the XLT and loved it so I assume she would.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks,
Angie

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there is only a $90 difference, I say go with a VX3. For one, you can probably get a dealer to throw in some good extras with the package. It seems to be a much more versatile detector and looks easier to setup than an XLT. Being newer in the lineup it will also hold it's value longer. Just my $.02 and your mileage may vary :)

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The V3 is a lot better detector and like GibH said it will hold its value longer and be easier to learn out of the box.

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well it is new and he is a dealer so he has to make his margins.
The XLT is good and usually sells for around 350 to 500 dollars second hand on Fleabay.

OP
OP
AlaskaAng

AlaskaAng

Dec 23, 2004
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all of your input and opinions...well, I ended up getting the XLT for $720 shipped. I felt it was a very good price and although it did not come with extras that White's normally throws in, I'm happy with my purchase!

HH,
Angie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread