Brans Thoughts...

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bran's Thoughts...

Implement an auto photo resizing program within the reply & new topic post boxes... with selections for different sizes, or a default of 640x480, or 800x600 for detailed pics... for those who either don't understand how, or don't have the software to do so.

Also, allow the poster the ability to have the Inline Attachment button next to each photo upload box, and set up for that specific photo... so you can click on it to place it anywhere in the post, without having to assign the number to each photo manually.

Umm, let's see... what else... maybe mandatory (in order to post) photo uploads for the posts of detectors that wish to be sold.
Ha, ha... maybe mandatory photos for the "Mug Shots" section as well! lol j/k :D

Oh yeah, and my most favorite idea... allow those who have Personal Pages the ability to block specific people from viewing or posting to their pages. That one is just a personal preference. :wink:

Ok... that's all I've got for right now. Maybe I'll add more later.

Bran <><

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Bran's Thoughts...

I had to unblock you to read this...... :tongue3:

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ha, ha... :P

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oh yeah, how about when I'm viewing the Unread Posts (where I keep the main page for T-Net)... and I click "Mark All Messages As Read"... that they would actually not show up again for at least a few days to a week or so. It would be nice, but again, this is just a preference of mine.

Bran <><

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x

I Like the auto resizing thing, its a pain in ther butt to resize everthing I post here.

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Me too... I figured more people would think it's a needed improvement around here, but apparently not. :dontknow: I've found myself resizing photos for people lately, because they've been much too large to see without side-scrolling.

Bran <><

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x

maybe a auto spell check also, as long as were wishing, LOL

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Download Firefox 3.5!
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/

It has a spell checker built into it. It'll put a small wiggly red line underneath an incorrect word, then you just right click on that little red line and it'll give you the correct suggestions for the word you're trying to spell. :thumbsup:

Bran <><

A

Atherton

This is a very valid idea..

:icon_thumright:

Attachments

• bump4.jpg
    bump4.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 219

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TEXAN Connection said:
I Like the auto resizing thing, its a pain in ther butt to resize everthing I post here.
Resizing is very easy. Got to http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx and grab the image resizer power toy. Find your picture in windows explorer and right click on it. Click on resize and choose a size. It creates a smaller copy that you can then use in your posts.

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

auferret said:
TEXAN Connection said:
Resizing is very easy. Got to http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx and grab the image resizer power toy. Find your picture in windows explorer and right click on it. Click on resize and choose a size. It creates a smaller copy that you can then use in your posts.

That's how I've been resizing my photos for YEARS now! :thumbsup: But some users may not have XP (but there are versions for Vista & Windows 7) or be computer savvy enough to use this method, even though I've given precise instructions for using the Image Resizer tool on this thread.... http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,220308.0.html

I think having an option for resizing the photos upon uploading them to T-Net might be an easier option for some....

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread