21.3 KB · Views: 2,961

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: brass acorn

gypsyheart said:
Could it be something designed to rappel a rope or cable over a limb or onto a tower or rooftop , so it "grabs" and holds the rope up there ,until you climb up?? I don't know, just a thought. Or to toss a rope line across a river or crater....to get your line over there???
there you go GYPSY GOT IT its a grappling hook for a squirrel!!!!! Way to go gypsy!!!! :D :D

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You betcha!!!! seriously we are still looking for an explanation.....RIGHT?!!!! ;) ;)

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Steve001, don't leave us hangin like this! You asked a question, now we have some for you. :D

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Steve001

May 24, 2006

At this point in time I can not answer any questions about it because this photo is copied from another message board, were the same problem is happening lots of humorous answers nothing definative though. I will ask the original poster for more info. The other poster claims it is used in hunting and fishing.

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey,I have not given up trying to find you an answer...as a matter of fact I was just looking....We break manotony by making jokes....no bad intended,nothing personal....just give it a chance...We'll crack this nut...(SORRY) ;) :D :(

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

We pick-up clues by asking questions, and there are a lot. Sorry to hear you cannot answer them at this time.
I think I see part of a thumb in second pic, so it must be small, like about one inch. If that helps.

Upvote 0

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well steve , I see you are new to the forum. If you don't have a sense of humor you won't last long with this silly bunch. ;) I may be one of the silliest here too! If you get joke answers it's because we with the brilliant minds haven't a clue. ??? Apparently wherever forum you copied this from felt the same way? Anyway, welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy your time spent with us. Sorry we ask so many questions but the more we can find out the better the chance we have of solving the mystery. Most of the time someone figures it out, but with the little information we have so far it is going to be difficult. The acorn object looks so darn familiar to me but I just can't figure out where I have seen something similar before. Monty

Upvote 0

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan

Hey guys, just a thought here, but could this be one of those "ninja" weapons that was thrown to grab the other guy?  Tethered off with a small rope, it would be closed while carrying it and when thrown it would wrap around the guy like bolas and the centrifical force would bring out the spikes.  Maybe even from a set of ninja bolas or a modern ninja Roman style casting net?

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

bigcypresshunter said:
How strong is the spring inside?
Possible, Dig. We are at a disadvantage here having to guess at the size, not knowing the weight of acorn, or the strength of the spring inside, if there is one. ??? ??? ??? ???

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bigcypresshunter said:
bigcypresshunter said:
How strong is the spring inside?
Possible, Dig. We are at a disadvantage here having to guess at the size, not knowing the weight of acorn, or the strength of the spring inside, if there is one. ??? ??? ??? ???
EGGZAKLY Cy.........I was just gonna post that ....Thank you... ;D It would really help with all my RESEARCH to know how big it actually is....

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DigEmAll said:
Hey guys, just a thought here, but could this be one of those "ninja" weapons that was thrown to grab the other guy? Tethered off with a small rope, it would be closed while carrying it and when thrown it would wrap around the guy like bolas and the centrifical force would bring out the spikes. Maybe even from a set of ninja bolas?
Could be ...but without knowing how big it is ...who knows

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

diving doc said:
Maybe there were two of them, one for salt with 4 holes and one for pepper with two. If it comes apart might there be some clue inside?
Doc
NO ANSWER!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Steve001

May 24, 2006

If you guys 'n' gals know of another forum let me know or if you'd like post there and let all of us know what you find out. Thanks so far folks. :)

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey, can you please give us an idea of the size of this acorn...we are trying to help!

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

Michelle said:
Hey, can you please give us an idea of the size of this acorn...we are trying to help!
I think I see part of a thumb in the 2nd pic. I think. He got this pic with no size reference from another forum.
Steve001 said:
At this point in time I can not answer any questions about it because this photo is copied from another message board, were the same problem is happening lots of humorous answers nothing definative though. I will ask the original poster for more info. The other poster claims it is used in hunting and fishing.
squirrel hunting? If a fish will bite, you can snag em, I guess. Gar fishing?

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

Wrap some meat around it and try to catch a fish or turtle? This puts a new meaning to "catch and release."

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

We have figured out much tougher, but I'm afraid without the ability to ask questions, or see more pics, we can not research to ID. :(

ps I would like to know how sharp are the nails?

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bravo people....BRAVO!!!! We are all trying to help! Plus I am very anxious as well to find out WHAT it is....very exciting....huh!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread