break in time for detector?

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do not believe there is a break-in time. I do believe you could be the one getting better after time with your machine. There are other factors, such as the soil condition. Wet soil is different from dry. Without more data I am only guessing. Could your first test have been with weak batteries?

OP
OP
dimedigger

dimedigger

Jan 25, 2013
waccamaw
Detector(s) used
BH pioneer ex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanx griz. actually i was testing the difference between some batteries that are almost to the end of their life vs new ones when i discovered this. the weaker ones were around 7.5 volts and there was no difference in depth between that and the new ones. so i put the old ones back in to see if it would get the greater depth in the test garden as well as both sets did in air and it did. maybe temp or humidity, just glad for the extra inch just didn't know if this was common

Hendrix

Jan 8, 2007
Southeast Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Whites V3i
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd think it may have been a slight difference in the machine configuration. You've got more experience using it now. Although, buried targets are easier to find after wet weather (or at least I've always thought so.)

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EMI can reduce depth and you won't even notice it on many detectors. Soil conditions can affect depth also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread