Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QuickSilver
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this beauty in November 2013. Absolutely amazing. I found it only an INCH DEEP!!!!!! thought it was a can at first. This is the first one that I have ever held, seen, felt, smelled.... it came out back side up and when I turned it over my heart stopped. I knew what it was instantly. When I got it home the thick dirt façade dried and cracked and I was able to pull most of it off with a dental pick and don't worry the pick never touched any part of it other than the dirt. IT HAS BOTH HOOKS COMPLETE AND INTACT. The only damage is a slight bend on the outer edge and unfortunately a hole on the eagles left leg. ( where the center dirt mass is ). Every one tells me that its very rare to get one in this good of shape and cleanliness. I now believe them. I am considering cleaning it more. If not all of it then just around the edge where the crusty dirt still remains. I've been told not to touch it at all and that I "would get punched if I were to mess with it" I want to get it as clean as possible but not ruin it. I am looking for more advice on how to preserve it best and how to protect it. Someone said to put oil or Vaseline on the hooks and lead fill. Any ones comment is appreciated.

For cleaning I was thinking just distilled water and a soft tooth brush or Q tips. I don't plan on using anything with acid in it or chemicals.

sorry idk how to rotate pics
20131125_160540.jpg
20140121_175937.jpg
20140121_180437.jpg

Upvote 0

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find man.Great shape.it should clean up really nice.I would just scrub it with a old toothbrush ,warm water and soap.More uncommon to find,but it might have a contracters mark in the middle between the hooks. Condradulations.That find should give you plenty hunting motivation for awhile:headbang:

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful right out of the ground. Congratulations,

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats....found my first this fall also, mine was missing the hooks though. Use olive oil....let it soak 24 hours then rinse off the dirt. Works great on belt plates and buckles! No damage...i promise...just found U.S. boxplate..worked great on it also.

OP
OP
ResurrectedVirginia

ResurrectedVirginia

Jan 8, 2014
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone for the compliments and cleaning advice. DigIron2 : I do not see a contractors mark present and yes it sure did. Funny thing is it took a few days for me to completely grasp that I even found the thing. haha
DiggerinVA : Congrats for your plate as well. Do you have any pics up?

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both before cleaning...

Attachments

• homesite finds -4.JPG
    homesite finds -4.JPG
    231.6 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC06400.JPG
    DSC06400.JPG
    377.4 KB · Views: 171

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice recovery. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
ResurrectedVirginia

ResurrectedVirginia

Jan 8, 2014
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DiggerinVA: Your finds are in great shape. I probably would have left them alone haha. How much cleaner did they get after the olive oil soak?

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll post some pics tomorrow.....working tonight.

OP
OP
ResurrectedVirginia

ResurrectedVirginia

Jan 8, 2014
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett propointer
Primary Interest: