Brevard Beaches Gold Coins Todays News

nedigger

Sep 30, 2004
Omaha, NE
I went to the WFTV channel 9 website and couldn't find anything but found this at WESH channel 2 http://www.wesh.com/news/3788242/detail.html. Sounds like this may be the story you are refering to. Besides the printed story there is also a video link. If those hurricanes had occurred last year I would have been on the beach with the rest of the detectorists (and hopefully finding coins). Unfortunately, I'm in Nebraska now and it's just a little too far to drive. But good luck to everyone down there and HH.

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since hurricane Francis and Jeanne devastated our coast the last two months, there have been several reports in the media of finds on Satellite Beach. I live and work in Satellite Beach and detect with my Excalibur on a regular basis, and have never found any indication that any Spanish galleon sank off of our beaches. The simple fact is that the closest 1715 wreck was the Nuestra Senora de la Concepcion that went down off the southern shoal of Cape Canaveral, and was the only ship of the fleet that has not yet been found that was carrying any treasure.
However, our local economy was hit hard as a result of the hurricanes this year, and I do encourage everyone to come down and hunt our beaches. That will also free up parking for me while I head down to Sebastian and hunt for real Spanish Treasure.

JohninCT

Apr 23, 2003
Wallingford, Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Pulsepower Aquastar ll, Minelab CTX 3030, Sovereign GT, Nautilus DMC2Ba. Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Some of these storys make me wonder as i have said in other places. This guy that found the 38 coins, has some nice clean coins with no signs of corrosion. Sure did a fast cleaning job, as these were supposedly just found the day before the picture was taken. I got my doubts on half+ of these storys.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread