Brian Williams: There I Was Looking Down The Tube Of A RPG

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I was drawn to this by the picture :)

Brian Williams: There I Was Looking Down The Tube Of A RPG - Matt Vespa

1.png.jpg

Matt Vespa | Feb 09, 2015

As Christine wrote over the weekend, Brian Williams is stepping away from the anchor’s desk at NBC News for a few days. This is probably for the best as the evening news anchor has been under siege lately for lying about his 2003 Iraq War exploits.

Now, it seems, he used the same story to segue into his 2006 Lebanon War story about Hezbollah’s Katyusha rockets “passing beneath the helicopter” he was in during the conflict.

“A few years before that, you go back to Iraq, and I looked down the tube of an RPG that had been fired at us and it hit the chopper in front of ours,” he added.

This was a 2007 interview with a student from Fairfield University [relevant portion begins a 2:12].

Yeah, about that portion, Mr. Williams–the RPG part; did your news crew edit your original report to make it sound like your were under fire? It’s a question Ed Morrissey asks over at Hot Air after watching CNN’s Jake Tapper interview Stars and Stripes’ Travis Tritten. Tapper brings up the op-ed by Chris Simeone, Williams’ helicopter pilot in 2003, who wrote in the New York Post “all that hit us was dust.”

[Relevant portion at 4:00 mark]

[video]http://www.cnn.com/video/api/embed.html#[/video]

JAKE TAPPER: [Chris Simeone] said that the only thing that hit their helicopter was dust, and that nothing that Williams reported in 2003 was accurate. I want to play some of what Brian Williams reported in 2003, in which there is this moment when somebody says there was small arms fire coming into the convoy. Let’s play that.

BRIAN WILLIAMS

This is just a full-fledged, abject catastrophe. Williams was suppose to be a guest of Letterman this week; he's cancelled his appearance.

Unclebuck257

Aug 31, 2013
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Garrett Carrot PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never watch Williams and haven't in many years. I disagree with him and his thinking on 99.9% of everything. Having said that, his fall from grace with all of these lies coming out must be beyond almost unbearable with his ego, etc. I guess this just proves that old saying, "the bigger you are, the farther you fall". I'd be very surprised if he can ever come back from all of this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread