BRIDGE OF DEATH - Exploring the Vast Slate Mine in Wales U.K.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[h=1]THE BRIDGE OF DEATH[/h]
AATXAJxJNox7ct1-PchRgtzPQT6eK8Y_ws0aJyCn0uKThA=s176-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo

EXPLORING WITH MATTY

This is a flooded slate mine in Wales we did not make it all the way but we will be back

Exploring With Danny

This bridge - dubbed the "bridge of death" - was used for generations at Moel Fferna, a slate mine in north Wales. Cavers have captured some extraordinary images of abandoned slate mines. This bridge - dubbed the "bridge of death" - was used for generations at Moel Fferna, a slate mine in north Wales.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m half Welsh I’d love to go there my grandfather was from Cardiff

I supposedly Am Too. No Idea What Part Though.
I only researched Back to The U.S. Beginning.

Half Welsh on Dads Side.

Half German & Austrian On Moms

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I supposedly Am Too. No Idea What Part Though.
I only researched Back to The U.S. Beginning.

Half Welsh on Dads Side.

Half German & Austrian On Moms

My grandfather passed away at 97 years of age and I remember as a little boy people would ask “What are ya”? And he would say to me when somebody asks what are you you say you’re Welsh not English not British but Welsh. So I’m 50% French and 50% welsh. I don’t think the English like whales and vice versa. He’s the one who shot me my serious work ethic.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My grandfather passed away at 97 years of age and I remember as a little boy people would ask “What are ya”? And he would say to me when somebody asks what are you you say you’re Welsh not English not British but Welsh. So I’m 50% French and 50% welsh. I don’t think the English like whales and vice versa. He’s the one who shot me my serious work ethic.

the Welsh & the Irish here were Coal Miners. There were Many Street, & Bar Wars Between each other :laughing7:
the "Molly McGuire's" were an Irish 19th-century secret society, who Threatened Burned, Blew up, Murdered and eventually were Hanged
at the County Court House here, though there are still those who insist they were set up.

Last edited:

Joanne

Aug 2, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I love the Welsh slate mines! I've been fortunate to come over a couple of times to do some mine exploring. Not sure if you are familiar with SpeedyCaver and Llion, but they were my hosts. I got to do Cwmorthin, the CRTT, and Maenofferen. I've also gotten up to an amazing copper mine at Coniston, the Box Freestone Mine, and then up to NentHead for a week. So many great mines to explore there! I'm hoping to make it back in the next few years.

Joanne

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions