Bringing Joy With My Dumps

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I am down to one dump bank that has coin counting machines and I think I've worn out my welcome at one of the branches at least, I've changed things up a bit lately and have been dropping rolled halves off at various banks around town (mainly within walking distance of my office, so I get some exercise). I was surprised how happy the tellers were to get my dumped halves. Typical reactions are:

"You have no idea how many people come in here asking for these!"

"People are always looking for these"

"I've been waiting for these coins"

"I am going to take these home with me"

. . . and on and on . . .

I am always gracious and say something like "I am glad I could help you and your customers out." If I only knew how much happiness my dumps would bring I would have eased up on my coin machine use earlier.

At one branch where I have been bringing rolled halves in for a while, even when I was still using machines more, I said "I hope I am not loading you up with too many of these." The teller's response: "Not at all, every time you come in I call a customer who comes by and picks them up."

Well, I have a warm feeling after all the good deeds I've done. I picked up another box today (very skunky so far), so I'll have a lot more happiness to spread tomorrow.

HH

Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully that customer ain't on tnet or he'll know and stop picking them up then those tellers might not be so happy to see you lol :)

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread