Brinks Boxes

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
This means that a lazy CRHer has already searched those rolls. They carefully opened each roll so they could reuse each paper roll. Not only is it the cheapest, dirty way to do it, but it is also incredibly time consuming (I could imagine.) You are probably in an area with a lot of other CRHers, and when the courier picked that box up, they reboxed those rolls instead of running them through the machine to be rewrapped. GL!

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Been searched more than likely... still check them but i'd be upset if I were you. Try a new pickup bank.

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have been search why would anyone get a whole box of halves and return them in there original wrappers. Would you unwrap a 1000 half dollars spend them and then keep the wrappers around to use later. Open the box at the bank window before you take them. A missing dime nickel or penny is no big deal but if you end up short on halves they can start adding up to real money quite a bit faster.

OP
OP
S

scubaduba

Tenderfoot
Oct 3, 2011
Thanks guys. I'll keep plowing thru them. I run my business thru this bank and I can order as many as I want. Got 10 boxes coming next week.

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. I'll keep plowing thru them. I run my business thru this bank and I can order as many as I want. Got 10 boxes coming next week.

Assuming they have not all been searched I am betting there will be something nice in those 10 boxes, other than a 1972 D.

Best of luck

rovnrbl53

Sep 29, 2011
I get a box or so of halves a week. Most, in fact now all, of my dump banks do not have coin machines that can handle half dollars. It's just more expeditious for me to reroll into the original roll and return the rolls in the original box to a dump bank - easy to handle, easy to count and, unfortunately sometimes the rolls get put in a new box which is just sealed. Have had this happen once or twice. Thus the saga of the coins returned in original rolls.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rovnrbl53 said:
I get a box or so of halves a week. Most, in fact now all, of my dump banks do not have coin machines that can handle half dollars. It's just more expeditious for me to reroll into the original roll and return the rolls in the original box to a dump bank - easy to handle, easy to count and, unfortunately sometimes the rolls get put in a new box which is just sealed. Have had this happen once or twice. Thus the saga of the coins returned in original rolls.

Lazy and cheap. You can buy 1000 flat wrappers for 8 bucks......

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lazy and cheap. You can buy 1000 flat wrappers for 8 bucks......
$5.00 per 1000, $6 for S+H for any size order, free shipping over $75 and ship in 1 day @ Discount Office Supplies.com.

rovnrbl53

Sep 29, 2011
Assuming the lazy and cheap is directed at me. Your lazy and cheap is my efficient and frugal. Not sure why any one would buy empty wrappers. You can go into most banks, even ones where you don't have an account, and get them for free. I'm constantly amazed at the logic on this forum not that I'm logical.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread