Brinks suppling coins for Garda in Indianapolis!!!

cbrtriple8

Aug 11, 2011
Went pick up few boxes of halves from 2 different banks that use Garda. All 18 boxes were Brinks . Vault teller of both banks told me starting this week, Brinks will be supplying/process coins for all banks that use Garda. So they will be no more NF String rolls here in Indy. That applies to ALL denomination.
Just thought I'd bring this up , since there are thousand of us that roll-hunt in Indy:headbang:

Upvote 0

CRHnut

Greenie
Jan 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had quote a bit of luck with Brinks Dimes lately, I got a 1945S Merc in a box a couple weeks ago. I love Mercs!!!

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I've been suspecting that Brinks has been supplying both Gardia and Loomis with rolled coin.

I've seen both companies' trucks at banks, but when I try to buy coin inside the bank, they are always clear wrapped.

OP
OP
C

cbrtriple8

Aug 11, 2011
I've been suspecting that Brinks has been supplying both Gardia and Loomis with rolled coin.

I've seen both companies' trucks at banks, but when I try to buy coin inside the bank, they are always clear wrapped.

From what the tellers at Chase told me, coins are still being delivered by Garda, but will be in Brinks rolls/boxes. Seems like both loomis n garda are cutting cost , instead of processing coins themself, they send coins to Brinks to get their coin process.
With that, it pretty much screw my dumping / ordering routine. I used to get from Garda, n dump at Brinks. Now, since they merged, seems like I'll be searching my own dump soon. Perhaps I'll have to drive out of state to dump..OUCH..

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Oh, man....don't tell me that Chase is going to Brinks too. That is one of the only places I can buy dimes.

You will probably recall that even after $7,000 of Brinks dimes, I've still found nothing. I have silver seeking tellers also tell me that they never find any silver in Brinks dimes.

FWIW, many of the banks that have used Gardia and Loomis are delivering Brinks rolls, and have for some time.

As well, in the past month, I stopped at two Chase branches on the south side, and they told me "we usually get paper wrapped dimes, but we've been getting these clear rolls some weeks."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions