brinks wrapper change?

jonojono

Jul 4, 2012
So Cal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt the High Desert Hesperia, Victorville area. My boxes are Loomis flat with yellow rapper last few weeks boxes have been 2001 Uncirulated then this week square box with brown rapper's.....

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
I am originally from the IE myself ( Rialto, Redlands, Berdoo, Highland, Colton, Loma Linda ) and had never searched there. I started searching in Missouri and we have had the brown wrappers up until about 4-5 months ago when they have been switching over to black. I have not had a brown wrapper in a while so at least I know when I get a brown one it was from the good days of search because it sucks horribly now.

jr98119

Sep 21, 2011
The Paris of Appalachia
Detector(s) used
bare hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lhunt in the san fernando valley, i always hunt in brinks 50 cent boxes.it seems that brinks has changed their wrapper color recently from brown to black. Has anyone else noticed this? Cause isnt black garda?

I am here in the rustbelt, and I noticed the change in wrapper color a couple of months ago. Funny thing - I've been finding lots more silver since the change.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never had my brinks half dollar rolls change wrappers; however, sometimes the brown is faded and sometimes the brown is extra dark(due to ink variances)..
What I have noticed was that brinks changed their box style in my area about 3 months ago and the finds have not been as good since. I think the influx of new hunters in my area have to do with the low yielding boxes though.

Desertdigger

Jul 15, 2004
Wickenberg , AZ
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,Tesoro Lobo ST, Gold Bug ,Minelab probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt in the Phoenix, AZ area and the majority of banks use Garda. About a year ago 500 dollar boxes the rolls changed color to a green trim and immediately
My take dropped to zero . After many inquires I learned that Garda has a wrapping machine that separates the silver from the clad.
The only ones I get now are directly from tellers. :BangHead:

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt in the Phoenix, AZ area and the majority of banks use Garda. About a year ago 500 dollar boxes the rolls changed color to a green trim and immediately
My take dropped to zero . After many inquires I learned that Garda has a wrapping machine that separates the silver from the clad.

Garda, Brinks, Loomis none of em sepetate the ag- my 10 garda boxes last week produced 5 40% and 1 90%- so whom ever told ya that was pulling your leg-

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I live in the same part of AZ.
I find silver in garda boxes.

OP
OP
T

thing

Aug 8, 2009
I hunt the High Desert Hesperia, Victorville area. My boxes are Loomis flat with yellow rapper last few weeks boxes have been 2001 Uncirulated then this week square box with brown rapper's.....

Actually the 2001 boxes were my folow up question. It seems that a have been getting those boxes to. i wonder where all the 2001 are coming from, i cant believe their is a shortage that would require them from the federal reserve.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in the same part of AZ.
I find silver in garda boxes.

Yep its there just few and far between- I believe UT/AZ have been hunted hard for years and ita just thinned out so much- as seen by my recent 92 box skunk

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I"m not in your area but I have an answer that may be helpful. My regional brinks typically uses the brown wrappers. However, they ran out of brown wrappers and used the black for a short period. As soon as the brown was available, they immediately switched back because the black wrappers weren't working properly on their roller machine. matter of fact, they were turning the wrappers inside out in an attempt to make them work.

OO

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I"m not in your area but I have an answer that may be helpful. My regional brinks typically uses the brown wrappers. However, they ran out of brown wrappers and used the black for a short period. As soon as the brown was available, they immediately switched back because the black wrappers weren't working properly on their roller machine. matter of fact, they were turning the wrappers inside out in an attempt to make them work.

OO

I've seen the same in my area. I did see a change in the boxes recently, they used to be solid brown with 500 halves in black on sides but now they have the sides black with 500 haves brown. Still produce great for me though.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually the 2001 boxes were my folow up question. It seems that a have been getting those boxes to. i wonder where all the 2001 are coming from, i cant believe their is a shortage that would require them from the federal reserve.

With so many new hunters, shortages definitely arise.

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Brink just switched from black to brown down here in the San Diego area. Rumor is Brink bought out or is working with Loomis now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread