Bristol Well Nevada Cemetery

majolle

Greenie
Apr 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I just joined this site in hopes that someone out there could help me locate exactly where the Bristol Well Nevada Cemetery is located. I have done a lot of searching and found some things, like there is only one headstone still standing. I realize it is probably going to be a tough trek but I really want to locate it.
My ggfather is buried there and I have just found out that the VA will supply a Civil War headstone for the gravesite, if I can cross all the t's and dot all the i's. It might be on private property and I need to find out exactly so I can get the necessary permission. Trying hard to complete it this year as this is the 150th anniversary of the Iowa 5th Infantry battle at Chattanooga, TN. This was where he was captured and survived 2 years in Andersonville until the end of the war. Then he went west and worked in the mines of Utah and Nevada.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is is link to a site that has directions to the cemetary:

bristwel

Doesnt look like youll need permission. Shouldbe an interesting visit, let us know what you find.

Last edited:

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think this is wonderful what you want to do for your Great Grandfather.

OP
OP
M

majolle

Greenie
Apr 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Great information, thank You. The link is invaluable. I would ask if someone might be able to pinpoint the location on a map. The County Assessor can give me lots of information but they need Section, Township, Range so they can look it up. I'm close but I don't know close enough.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread