Brit newly arrived in Tennessee.

Sep 12, 2018
Cleveland TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, thanks for the add.

My name is Den, a British immigrant who is now living in Cleveland, TN. I have been involved in several dive searches for wrecks in the past, andam now looking at various areas near me to take up detecting.

I am a veteran, spending 12 years with the Royal Air Force as a Survival Equipment Fitter, and it was the knowledge I learned doing this on maritime gear (life jackets and rafts, but also air supply units) that got me involved with a friend’s dives off Gibraltar and the UK, and then other groups that I met through the military.

Since moving to the States I have been researching the local laws and hotspots for gold panning and the allowances for metal detectors. The last thing I want is to fall afoul of the law.

I look forward to sharing my finds (if any).

Thanks again!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bob's your uncle, governor

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Mississippi.

dig deeper now

Jul 10, 2013
fulltiming rv'er anywhere in the 48 states
Detector(s) used
Safari MINELAB, minelab pin pointer,lesche left sided teeth ,Lowe's short shovel,12'' sand scoop 5x9 in. 2900 battery
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost a 007 James Bond detectorist from the British Island, a very welcome to the states and a REAL VETERAN, we on here thank you for your service, if not for us. Happy to have you aboard, SIR good luck and happy hunting

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Tennessee for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Ann Arbor MI

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! :occasion14:

OP
OP
D
Sep 12, 2018
Cleveland TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My above two posts did not seem to go where I thought they were; the mention of the military was in response to Dig Deeper Now, and the one about looking something up was to vpnavy.

Rick Dangerous

Sep 12, 2018
St. Albans, VT
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! I'm an US Army Infantry and Iraq War vet myself! I worked with the British Army and SAS on certain missions in Baghdad around the 2003-2004 era. Looking forward to hearing about your detecting experiences.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the Colonies from North Central Illinois. 🙋 And thanks for your service!

OP
OP
D
Sep 12, 2018
Cleveland TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all. The next couple of months will be spent in research; I understand that there are some ruby mines near me in North Carolina and gold panning in Georgia. My step son is also interested in joining me (although tbh he is more interested in the treasure of Forrest Fenn). Hopefully I can raise his interest in metal detecting too.

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:hello: Hello and welcome to T-Net from Southeast Louisiana..."D"

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net from Northern Virginia spent a number of years in Holy Loch Scotland and spent time on some of her Majesties Submarines, good times. Had some buddies in the Scots Guards and the Royal Marines as well. Cheers:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread