Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is some great stuff. A rare button, mold which is by no means common, and one of the coolest cufflinks I have seen.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Iron Patch said:
Now that is some great stuff. A rare button, mold which is by no means common, and one of the coolest cufflinks I have seen.

What he said.

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey, Keith!!!! It is nice to see you diving again. Alright! I have been considering purchasing a water machine. I have the fever now. Those relics are killer, my friend. The mold is just fantastic. Quinn says Hi to Matthew! I hope everything is going well with the baby and wife. Fatherhood sure is a treat, my friend. A wonderful one to boot.

Kirk and Quinn

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have dreams of finding items like this,,,,but then I open my eyes and find I'm still in Colorado ! Congrats !!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff Keith! Really like the watch winder and cufflinks. The British button is an awesome relic.

U

umrgolf

Incredible finds, Keith :headbang: That many quality relics in one post doesn't come along often

JohnnyRebCSA

Oct 6, 2010
Tennessee, CSA
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266X
If you did a Confederate button that way (put in a tumbler) you would ruin the value of it. Is it not the same for that button?

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great button! Congrats................Hogge

SeaIslandRelicBoy

Jul 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

That is a pile of GREAT stuff!!!!!! The button is amazing, as well as the mold, and cuff links!!!
BTW BANNER!!!
REB

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BOY! now those are some awesome finds for sure................HH

OP
OP
SC Keith

SC Keith

Aug 25, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Patch! I'm glad to hear you call the 19th rare. You know your Rev War buttons!

Hey, Keith!!!! It is nice to see you diving again. Alright! I have been considering purchasing a water machine. I have the fever now. Those relics are killer, my friend. The mold is just fantastic. Quinn says Hi to Matthew! I hope everything is going well with the baby and wife. Fatherhood sure is a treat, my friend. A wonderful one to boot.

Kirk and Quinn
Thanks Kirk! Hope you and family are doing well!

I have dreams of finding items like this,,,,but then I open my eyes and find I'm still in Colorado ! Congrats !!
Thanks!

Great stuff Keith! Really like the watch winder and cufflinks. The British button is an awesome relic.
Thanks Steve!

Incredible finds, Keith :headbang: That many quality relics in one post doesn't come along often
Thanks Jeff!

If you did a Confederate button that way (put in a tumbler) you would ruin the value of it. Is it not the same for that button?
It could enhance the value for some and diminish for others I suppose

Great button! Congrats................Hogge
Thanks!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

That is a pile of GREAT stuff!!!!!! The button is amazing, as well as the mold, and cuff links!!!
BTW BANNER!!!
REB
Thanks REB!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Patch! I'm glad to hear you call the 19th rare. You know your Rev War buttons!

I would consider pretty much any British numbered button dug in the U.S. to be a rare find. There's just not that many that turn up, and then when you break it down to what variant I can't see there being high numbers of any of them. Certainly nothing like coins for what exists.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pair of cuffs are cool & the button is a good un.

However, I don't think you have a mould, its of the wrong material. I have seen many lead pieces that have coin impressions in them (& no side canel for pouring in the metal, like yours). Many of coins that were never counterfieted. No idea why they did it, but as lead has the lowest melting temp it would be unsuitable.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SC Keith

SC Keith

Aug 25, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice work ! Which one is the cufflink ?
The horse and rider are cufflinks

The pair of cuffs are cool & the button is a good un.

However, I don't think you have a mould, its of the wrong material. I have seen many lead pieces that have coin impressions in them (& no side canel for pouring in the metal, like yours). Many of coins that were never counterfieted. No idea why they did it, but as lead has the lowest melting temp it would be unsuitable.
I never considered that but its a good point you make about the low melting point of the lead being unsuitable.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The horse and rider are cufflinks

I never considered that but its a good point you make about the low melting point of the lead being unsuitable.

I think, that lead being easily melted, people just messed with it for fun/boredom.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think, that lead being easily melted, people just messed with it for fun/boredom.

Not sure, I think it might hold up for tombac or pewter. I am pretty sure I have seen early lead button molds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread