British Citizens To Be Charged For Making Emergency Calls - BRILLIANT!

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
999 in England is the same as calling 911 here in the U.S.

Police there feel that the citizens should be charged 50p every time they call.

The number of nuisance calls has grown because of a lack of thinking ability on the part of the citizens

I know down south in Cornwall, they had a call where someone called 999 to report they had run out of toilet paper.

Of course, the thinking man would punish legitimate users to stop the illegitimate users from making nuisance calls. Of course, the call boxes (where most of the nuisance call originate) would still be free to use.

What glowing intelligence! Tax the service for those who need it, but let the abusers get by scott free.

BBC News - Tayside officer calls for 999 callers to be charged 50p

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
You see Chad'?...28 views on both your Brit' threads and 0 comments here and 2 on the other, not counting my own, and you wonder WHY i'm always on American based threads?? lol.

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I know, we use 911 here . . . so your buds weren't sure what I was talking about.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont comment here because it is none of my business what happens in politics in Britian.......

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
I dont comment here because it is none of my business what happens in politics in Britian.......

That's entirely your choice TH and your God given right not to do so!

Myself?...I use my Jeff of PA given right to comment where i like and on whatever subject as long as it's "within site rules". Each to their own i guess.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions