British test metal detecting gloves

wolfmanjoe3

Dec 28, 2006
Utah
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Saw this article today & thought it would be of interest to the group. Maybe White's & other MD manufacturers should be looking into this. Imagine giving your kid MD gloves to crawl around on the beach and find the treasure for you... ;)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Readers of a certain age may recall the movie Robocop. They may also remember that the Nintendo Entertainment System offered a wearable glove that could be use to play certain games. In what may be a first in the homeland security industry, police in England are testing a device that combines the two concepts: a metal detecting glove. Sometimes called "robogloves," the Kevlar-coated mittens allow police officers to perform a more thorough patdown than otherwise available. When metal is detected, the battery-operated, $200 devices begin to vibrate. Most interestingly, because they appear as basic work gloves, they can be used clandestinely in situations requiring discretion.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ogy.html?in_page_id=1965&in_article_id=436801

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Joe

Can you just picture the wife of a policeman getting a hold of these vibrating wonders ;D

stefen said:
Can you just picture the wife of a policeman getting a hold of these vibrating wonders ;D
HaHaHa...and I remember the first "Beeper" I had issued to me..didn't know about the vibrate thing...but when it went off the first time..heck..i spent the next hour at a phone booth calling it...LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back