Briton leaving the EU ?

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup....could get a nice short-term spike, and not a lot of downside. I've got some bucks in it. I doubt gold will drop much if they vote to stay in.
Jim

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My two cents. There may be some turmoil if UK votes to exit, but things will probably settle down fairly fast. As such, it will not likely affect the price of gold much. A longer term view taking into account debt, says there real problem is worldwide government overspending, aging western populations and the increased public demand for new government services. It is difficult to predict exactly when or the trigger, but it is simple math: this will be the next big problem which will affect interest rates, inflation, currency valuations, economies, tax rates and of course gold.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's here...time to find out the truth...??? as to the ramifications as the pound just hit a 30+ year low this am...MUCH more to come for us all....:icon_scratch: John

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Greed and fear drive markets faster and perhaps it can be said" more often" in short term investing.
The difference between paper and tangible precious metals might change a little but if interest earnings are decent ,tangible metals are not paying interest and need to be secured from theft. A hit on buy and sell in premiums for most holders.

Long term vs short.
Short see's sky is falling and generates frenzied activity.
Long term plugs away and debates when , if ,and how much to sell when a spike arises much more conservatively.

With the right market ,(jewelry makers for one)....pretty nuggets if market stays up long enough to reduce inventories, should shine, but is a different market despite spot prices.

Britain tried the Union. She can leave.
Knee jerk market investors selling out in a falling market(the worst time to do so , but a stupid tradition says buy high sell low ,l.o.l..)
Sun will rise tomorrow. Gold will still be glittery and pretty.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
50 bucks today so far

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm headed for the bank to withdraw some gold,
the river bank...

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Now I heard that the Brits are passing a patition for a revote on this. and I also heard some other Countrys are questioning "their" witdrawl of the EU aswell.

OP
OP
R

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah , direct democracy works great until things don't go your way. Then it's time to pout and try to use some legal trickery to get your way.

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:coins:

check out the debt clock if you haven't seen this yet.
look in the lower right corner. it shows the gold to dollar ratio.

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

HAHAHAHA I love that thing

I wish everyone in america had to stare at it all day, we'd have a much better voter turnout I think. Almost a TRILLION printed 2016 alone, worthless money gets a little more worthless.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post deleted, remember our rule on politics, it is only allowed in our politics forum....

ClaimStake

Jul 27, 2015
Oroville CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2 (sold it)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
...eagerly waits for tomorrow when the market opens.

watch $1400+ by the end of july.

:goldbar::treasurechest::skullflag::coins::3barsgold:
:occasion14:

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I heard on the radio that right after the vote that the most searched Google question was "what is the EU". Hope none of those people voted. UK are already talking about a do-over. I guess that is keep asking the same question until you get the answer that you want. Anyway you look at it, heck of a shakeup. I guess gold is more valuable in the UK now because their exchange rate issues.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
it appears to me that the Brits that voted against the EU have the same mentality of the people that voted in our last election and probly our next election also. I guess that time will tell !

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Claim Stake, thank you I'd never seen this interesting chart.................63bkpkr Now if only we could get $7600/oz. of AU

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread