Broad Coalition of Gun Rights, Conservative Groups Proclaim January 19 “Gun Apprecia

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Broad Coalition of Gun Rights, Conservative Groups Proclaim January 19 “Gun Appreciation Day”

Monday, January 7, 2013 | Larry Ward | Gun Appreciation Day
“If the American people don’t fight back now,
Obama will do the Second Amendment what
he has already done to the First – gut it without
a moment’s thought to our basic constitutional rights.”
-- Larry Ward, GAD chairman

Broad Coalition of Gun Rights, Conservative Groups Proclaim January 19 “Gun Appreciation Day”

Americans nationwide urged to go to local gun shows, ranges,
and stores to show support for 2nd Amendment

Washington, D.C. – A new coalition of gun rights and conservative groups has proclaimed January 19, 2013, “Gun Appreciation Day” and begun urging Americans nationwide to show their support for gun ownership by turning out en masse at gun stores, ranges, and shows from coast to coast.

Scheduled to send a message to Washington two days before Obama’s second inauguration, the “Gun Appreciation Day” is expected to rival “Chick-fil-A Day” as a public statement of protest against government policies.

“The Obama administration has shown that it is more than willing to trample the Constitution to impose its dictates upon the American people,” said Gun Appreciation Day chairman Larry Ward, president of Political Media, Inc. “If the American people don’t fight back now, Obama will do the Second Amendment what he has already done to the First with Obamacare – gut it without a moment’s thought to our basic constitutional rights.”

The Gun Appreciation Day currently includes the following coalition members: Second Amendment Foundation, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, Special Operations Speaks, Revolution PAC, Citizens and Country, Social Security Institute, Committee to Draft Judge Andrew Napolitano, Conservative Action Alerts, Women Warriors PAC, Conservative Action Fund, and Political Media, Inc. Additional organizations are expected to join in the days ahead.

Gun Appreciation Day member organizations are urging their supporters to line up “around the block” at gun stores, gun counters, gun shows, and gun ranges to protest the Obama administration’s post Sandy Hook assault on gun rights. The organizations expect to reach more than 50 million Americans over the next two weeks in support of the Gun Appreciation Day online, on air and in their members’ inboxes.

Gun rights movement leader Alan Gottlieb founder of the Second Amendment Foundation and chairman of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms stated, “ We need to ban politicians who assault our rights, not firearms that are used thousands of times a day to protect lives and property from criminal attack.”

“We have never had a president who so callously disregards the Constitution, Congress, the courts, and the will of the American people,” Ward said. “And that’s why this outpouring of public support is so important for our constitutional safeguards to keep and bear arms. If, as this president claims, the American people are at risk from murderous rampagers, the logical solution is to arm, not present a docile target.”

The GAD website can be found at Welcome | Gun Appreciation Day | January 19, 2013

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gun-Appreciation-Day/470123833024708

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Partner, Gun Appreciation Day is EVERY day in Texas. We're one of those red states where most of us have a gun, have places in the boonies to go and hunt, fish, hike(public land), do whatever, and we take our guns with us. I even carry mine when I play golf. And I'm not alone. Quick story; few months ago I was in a suburban town near San Antonio, at a small gun shop, when an old farm truck drove up. Old guy(like me) walks in with a sawed off 12 gauge double. Handle trimmed down, barrels cut to the max, whole thing didn't look 18-20 inches long.Clearly against federal law. Nobody even looked up. He asked the gunsmith something about the action, the gunsmith worked for a few minutes, handed it back, didn't charge him and the guy bought a box of OO buck and left. I thought, damm, I hope Texas never changes. I don't think we will...

Last edited:

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Austin: Do you have any proof that "Gun appreciaton day is every day in Texas." If you do not have any proof then I am going to have to say that borders on slander. Also, it is a negative propositon.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Austin: Do you have any proof that "Gun appreciaton day is every day in Texas." If you do not have any proof then I am going to have to say that borders on slander. Also, it is a negative propositon.

I think it was old Sam Houston that said-----BITE ME!

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I have never been more insulted. That wasn't very polite.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I have never been more insulted. That wasn't very polite.

JUST KIDDING YOU. Sam never said that. I do have proof. A security guard in a mexican restaurant shot a robber who had robbed two other places earlier last night. He said something like "thank god I had a gun" or maybe he said,"oh, oh, I just shot my cousin". Not sure which cause it was in spanish...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Texas is known to have a lot of residents owning guns, no big deal there.

There are a lot of gun owners nation wide, Florida use to have open carry law, when they legalized conceled weapons with license part of the deal was removing the ability to open carry. This was a major mistake, there is a lot less crime with open carry...

It is still legal in Florida to open carry if your hunting, fishing or camping, or on the way to and from a shooting range. You can carry in your car anytime loaded as long as it is "cased", this includes in glove box, console, brief case, pistol case, or in a strapped holster. I carry one in my car when I travel, usually in console or glove box...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine always go to dinner and movie with me, but they pout because I make them wait in the car, I promised them if they were good one day they can go inside with me.......Wife gets the flowers and we share the wine....

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong with having a day to celebrate one of our most important amendmants in my opinion.. Having this right makes me proud to be an American and having the ability to protect not only myself but my family also makes this a special right... God Bless the 2nd amendmant in my opinion..

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think I will go out and if I can find it purchase a few hundred more rounds of ammo today:occasion14:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well, that was a bust the only ammo I could find is a box of 38 specials :BangHead::BangHead: this is really getting old.....Obama stop screwing up this country already:BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread