broadstruck New Hampshire quarter *pics added*

soldierman

May 18, 2006
My bank said they ordered halves this past week but they didn't come in. I have no reason do doubt this as they have ordered them for me for about one year without fail. So this past week I have done a box of dime clearwrap edge search only. One dime found. Then I did a box of quarters and found one silver quarter. I stopped by another bank for loose haves 2 clad. And asked about buying a box of coin and if there were fees. I got a box of quarters agian to try out figuring it would be a skunk since I found a silver quarter in the last box. I still have 10 rolls left but I found a New Hampshire quarter that clearly didn't have the collar in place when struck. There is no reading on the edge and its about 5% off center. Since it did make it into a roll I'm guessing its about the right size allthough it does look like it squished out from the dies a bit egg shaped. I'll measure it latter.

Does anyone have any good links to quarter errors and or pricing?

I know pics.... I gotta run some errands and maybe get a box of nickles to hold me over the weekend.

For a very similar coin see the New Hampshire about halfway down the page listed under
Larger Than Normal Diameter
http://www.us-coin-values-advisor.com/state-quarter-errors.html

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

soldierman

May 18, 2006
Re: broadstruck New Hampshire quarter

pic added obverse off by the same ammount

Attachments

• broadstruck NH.jpg
    broadstruck NH.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 229
  • broadstruck NHobv.jpg
    broadstruck NHobv.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 222
OP
OP
S

soldierman

May 18, 2006
I dunno looking for good links about quarter errors.
The only page I found that shows one very similiar says upto $100
The few state quarters on ebay completed auctions are about $20-50.

OP
OP
S

soldierman

May 18, 2006
thanks Coinlover. I really should get the book. I haven't as of yet because I've been mostley pulling junk silver. Halves mostly with a few dimes here and there. Think I'll ad a box of quarters every other week. Granted I've only done 2 boxes of quarters... But I found a silver in one and the broadstruck in the other.

coinlover

Oct 21, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
i wouldn't be able to live without the redbook! :D ;) the redbook prices are usually a little bit high. you could still probaly get $90-$100 for it though on ebay. 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread