maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
For a skunk streak that is. Today I picked up my last 2 boxes for the week which were skunks also, this puts my total at 24 in a row now for skunks, shattering my previous record of 14 on a row about 8-9 months ago. I know there are others that have endured a longer streak but, this is definetly an all time low for me, 2 weeks with out finding any silver just sucks. I know there are the highs and lows of this hobby ( and been through both) but something has definetly changed here recently between the Black and White wraps, different marks on coins than I'm use to seeing and not even any proofs or Magians coins in any of these boxes. I'm sure it will turn around again like it allways does, I'm just hoping it's soon. Haven't had anytime to drive around doing a CWR hunt from the banks with Christmas coming, or I might have found something, but the New Year is upon us and hopfully good boxes will come our way ( and I mean all of us on here). So, I hope everyone has a great Christmas, and may the New Year be a prosperous one for all of us! HH Everyone, Maverick.

Upvote 0

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Same supplier, or a mix? I'm currently working through a 9 box skunk streak of date-stamped Loomis boxes. The non-date stamped Loomis boxes I get, and the Brinks boxes regardless of stamps are still producing, albeit not always consistently. Still and all, I know how you feel...

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cough.. Dimes.... Cough :laughing7: Just kidding Mav.. After our convo today, I am desperately trying to find a way to bump up my halves again.. The silver will come brother.. just stick with it..

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Same supplier, or a mix? I'm currently working through a 9 box skunk streak of date-stamped Loomis boxes. The non-date stamped Loomis boxes I get, and the Brinks boxes regardless of stamps are still producing, albeit not always consistently. Still and all, I know how you feel...

Hey Ft, it is the same supplier, I have tried Loomis several times, I think 12-15 boxes from them, the first couple of boxes were skunks and then they just kept bringing reapcked dumps to me, I actually tried them again a couple of weeks ago and the same thing, 2 boxes of repacks ( my thread was "duped into searching dumps") I get less repacks from Brinks. I think I am going to see if I order 4 boxes from Loomis at once what happens ( probably 4 boxes of repacks lol), but yes, I allways search brinks and dump to Garda-Loomis. I still have 4 boxes coming Christmas Eve and 1 other branch that has 4 allready waiting for me for to get before or after Christmas ( she double ordered to cover the holiday for me) so I may just grab 6 boxes Monday to search, I'm just worried that those boxes are going to push me over 30 skunks in a row! We'll see I guess. I see people post about dated boxes everyonce in a while, I have never recieved a box with a date or number stamp of any kind, only every so often I'll get a box with a number 1 drawn on the top of it with a fat marker. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Cough.. Dimes.... Cough :laughing7: Just kidding Mav.. After our convo today, I am desperately trying to find a way to bump up my halves again.. The silver will come brother.. just stick with it..

Hey AdDicted, like you said, doing around 12 boxes a week being skunked on them week after week sucks! Definetly wasted alot of time effort and gas these last 2 weeks for nothing, but thats how it goes. I think we're all waiting for the Christmas silver to be dumped into the system, It probably just won't start showing or being processed for a few more weeks. I cut my orders by a few boxes these next 2 weeks to let some of the other hunters in my area clean out some of the skunks. I hope some people cashed in their halves to the banks for Christmas money. HH, Maverick.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey AdDicted, like you said, doing around 12 boxes a week being skunked on them week after week sucks! Definetly wasted alot of time effort and gas these last 2 weeks for nothing, but thats how it goes. I think we're all waiting for the Christmas silver to be dumped into the system, It probably just won't start showing or being processed for a few more weeks. I cut my orders by a few boxes these next 2 weeks to let some of the other hunters in my area clean out some of the skunks. I hope some people cashed in their halves to the banks for Christmas money. HH, Maverick.

This is a big reason I wanna step up my halves... I would also imagine it will be a couple weeks or even months until the christmas dumps get into boxes.. I will certainly be keeping a nice amount of dime volume too though.. I am just waiting for that box that some grandma dumped her husbands swear jar into.. I can't even imagine how many keepers there would be.. The second i get a monster box like that, I will order 15 boxes of quarters too.. just incase..

Novapax

Jan 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey. 18 or 20 box streak is bad. I ran a 60+ skunk streak back in march or so. I feel the pain. Keep on hunting.

Novapax

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

All of the Loomis boxes I ever got that were date stamped were skunks. At least 1/3 of the box would be marked, and they all sucked.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sorry, Maverick. I hope that my mass ordering of boxes the past 2 weeks didn't disrupt the balance of silver in Florida for you. Lol But seriously though, since I'm on the other coast I wouldn't think I'd affect you. You're the veteran, so all I can say is keep positive and maybe switch up your ordering.

I'm now locked into ordering from Garda and dumping into Brinks. Don't know if that affected you but I hope not.

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just think, every box you search now brings you closer to ending that skunk streak! Good luck!
Also, every one of my penny/nickel/dime boxes (all from brinks) are date stamped and even have the name of the person who packed it. Never had one without it.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Also, every one of my penny/nickel/dime boxes (all from brinks) are date stamped and even have the name of the person who packed it. Never had one without it.

Yes, I'm finding the same thing with Brinks boxes, but at least they're producing. Haven't found a single stamped Loomis box with silver yet, though I have found a magician's coin in one, so that gives me hope at least.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry, Maverick. I hope that my mass ordering of boxes the past 2 weeks didn't disrupt the balance of silver in Florida for you. Lol But seriously though, since I'm on the other coast I wouldn't think I'd affect you. You're the veteran, so all I can say is keep positive and maybe switch up your ordering.

I'm now locked into ordering from Garda and dumping into Brinks. Don't know if that affected you but I hope not.

Hey FF, I don't think it should affect me, I mean, all we are really searching is someone elses dumps all the time anyway. I know Thripp is around us too ( sorta) and he has sseen the same coins with marks as I have, and probably you too. It's just a slow spot right now, I can't explain it but something is just different about the coins lately, different marks and they seem very searched allready, I think that maybe the central hub where the processors pick up at must have recieved a batch from some where else here lately or something, I mean I ussually will find a feww proofs or Magician coins or even a Balboa half or 2, but nothing lately. I 've had a couple of good boxes with the skunk wraps, but thats it. When I had the Olive and white wraps I'd seem to find more, but once the skunk wraps started showing up in my boxes everything seemed to change. Keep doing what your doing and I'll do the same, it"ll come around again, it allways does, it's just taking longer this time thats for sure! HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
How many different banks (not branches) do you order from?

Hey FT, I only use 1 bank for pick up and 1 bank for dumps, but I use many branches of each from all over my town and neighboring towns, I drive as far as 50 miles to dump and pick up sometimes, just did that trip 2 days ago infact. I have been fortunate in this hobby so far so I can't complain, my skunk streaks are ussually pretty short and you guys have seen some of my really good finds posted, it just really seemed to fall off a cliff here lately, so maybe I've just been really lucky so far I guess, my averages for the small amount of boxes I search have been really good compared to some of the high volume searchers. HH, Maverick.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I upped my orders for this week so I am shaking my area up this week. Hehe

I haven't posted anything because I've been too busy. I've been through 10 boxes and still have 34 to go. Had to take the family out so I'll finish them later. I had my best box so far so I snapped a pic. I'll have to post it.

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
sorry about your luck. that is a pretty long streak. everything comes in bunches though, so hopefully the next bunch will be tons of great finds. i wonder if the cool weather has increased competition?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Mav, ughhh... not those skunk wrappers!! I had a 50+ box skunk streak over about 10 months back in 2010/2011, it was HORRIBLE. Keep up the search, you'll start finding soon!
good luck,
hh
buff

aarias

Dec 2, 2012
Just a quick question? Brand new to this? What "boxes" are you ordering? What is a skunk? Lol, newbie here.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel your pain Mav...

Im at 29 boxes, and only have (2) 40% to show for it :)

Heres to a better week next week...

(To the newbie above) : Box is a 500$ box of half dollars, and skunk is when all you get is stinky clad coinage, and no sweet silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions