Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP WS4 Wireless Headphones,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took a day off work today. Went on my normal journey into the woods to detect when I tripped over a branch. My machine flew and the housing popped right off the shaft. Walked back to the vehicle where I had some electrical tape and made a quick repair. Took the bad luck for what it was and went to another patch of woods. Got lucky there and brought my spirits back up. Found a 1930 Merc, 3 wheats, and a round ball.
KIMG0472.jpg KIMG0475.jpg KIMG0476.jpg KIMG0470.jpg

Upvote 12
OP
OP
Nepa-Will

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The horror! I'm going to have nightmares now :crybaby2:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OLE WHIPORWILL WAS DETECTING ON A HILL AND TRIPED OVER A BRANCH AND HIS DETECTOR CRASHED . BUT MADE A REPAIR WITH TIME TO SPARE . COOL FINDS YOU I SAY YOU GOT THERE ..

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That sucks!! Glad to see you found some silver to ease the pain.

You should consider a second machine, CTX Minelab to be exact. Lol

if you launch a ctx you gonna need more than tape to keep hunting...just saying

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on pulling some keepers. Sorry to hear about the accident.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, at least you made "lemonade". ;)

Good job!

Oh, and next time? Don't start the celebration before you go hunting. ;)

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Will, call Garrett they will have u send ur machine out and replace the box for free. Same thing just happened to me last week but I'm not sending mine out until the season is over. And yes electrical tape works the best just sucks when you have to change coils. Actually happened when I found the FE cent and Shield nickel day. If you don't have ur original receipt Garrett goes 2 years after the manufacter date. The unit is air tight they recommend not doing it
Yourself. I asked them just to send me the housing and they informed me of that.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1439500739.036683.jpg

OP
OP
Nepa-Will

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will, call Garrett they will have u send ur machine out and replace the box for free. Same thing just happened to me last week but I'm not sending mine out until the season is over. And yes electrical tape works the best just sucks when you have to change coils. Actually happened when I found the FE cent and Shield nickel day. If you don't have ur original receipt Garrett goes 2 years after the manufacter date. The unit is air tight they recommend not doing it
Yourself. I asked them just to send me the housing and they informed me of that.
View attachment 1198958

Ha. Looks just like mine did. I got her fixed. At first I super glued the plastic posts back on. Put it back together and bounced it around a bit. Fix was a dud. Posts broke off again. Fix #2 I reamed out the posts to fit a slightly thicker screw that was longer then the original. Added two small washers to keep the screws from bottoming out and going into the control housing. The fix was super strong and passed some pretty rough tests.

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah I did the same but mine broke again. I fixed it about 4 times now there's no plasti left to screw into lol. They really should've made the plastic posts metal. That is my only gripe with them. My big coils plug was messed up and I called garret they asked minium questions and sent me a brand new coil for free.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Seems to me that it's apparent that the AT Pro isn't designed for bush whacking folks, they must be grass fed.:laughing7:

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Epoxy would give you a temp fix, but I'm sure Garrett will fix that up for you with a new housing. :)

But it it's good to see that the incident didn't temper your enthusiasm too much. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread