broke relative calls for advice : BH model overview please

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
my no good relative knows i metal detect. i couldnt believe he called for the
first time in years to ask advice.

hes so broke right now,i guess hes willing to go out and try for afew coins.

probably to get money for tobacco and liquor.as he laid off

i lent him a detector long ago and got it back broken ,so were not gonna do that again.

i told him bounty hunter is the lowest priced brand that actually works . i guess they went on ebay and looked. cause they called back to ask which one.

i use hi end machines, and know nothing about these.

i supposed to call back, and i guess hes serious.

so i at least be willing to try and help him out.

SO, BH users. which model works good is ez to use and can be had for almost nuthin. i tried lookin on ebay too, but am confused by the branding. itseems there are bounty hunters with names.the pioneer series which are bounty hunters. and the discovery series which are bounty hunters or radio shack ?

it need to be a good discrim unit. i think he only has 50 to 60 to spend

THANX IN ADVANCE

pokerdad911

Mar 25, 2008
O.C CA.
Detector(s) used
Whites Idx Pro - DFX
Thats hard to say. I myself use a Whites and have a BH for backup. But, It cost more than 60 bucks. BOUNTY HUNTER TRACKER IV I would say or BOUNTY HUNTER GOLD DIGGER, like 70 bucks I think. Tell him check Craigslist. I have found BH Tracker IV as low as 45 bucks working. Good luck.

SteveDodds

Dec 9, 2006
North Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, BH 202
Pioneer 202. That was my starter and its a good unit. I upgraded to a Fisher F5 and it broke shortly after I got it. Waiting to get it fixed. Pry gonna fall back on my 202 because I know it wont fail me. I watched one on ebay recently because I've thought about selling it. It went for 40 something.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread