Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Our last Spanish silver was dug on September 15th. Well, that was over four weeks ago, which feels like an eternity when you're averaging 2 Spanish per month! We managed to get our 26th Spanish for the year today, a decent condition 1775 half real. Strangely enough we also both dug Shield nickels. That makes 5 shield nickels in 3 hunts for us, which is totally bizarre. Although Shanegalang was the lucky dog with the 1700s silver at the end of the day, I eyeballed a beautiful, pristine honey colored French gun flint in the dirt, and got another "Russian Blue" trade bead to add to my growing collection of them. Not sure what the date on Shane's shield is, but mine is an 1868. Take a look at the video and photos below. I'd write more, but I'm beat and it's way too late to be posting on Tnet :hello:

HPIM4403.JPG 175_0574.JPG HPIM4410-001.JPG

HPIM4404.JPG HPIM4414-001.JPG HPIM4415-001.JPG

HPIM4412.JPG HPIM4413.JPG HPIM4408-001.JPG

100_5540.JPG 100_5537.JPG 100_5538.JPG

Happy Hunting,

Buck

Last edited:
Upvote 28

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
I can't believe I'm the first to reply to this thread Buck. Congrats on breaking your temporary "slump", and hope this is the beginning of yet another hot streak that you can ride through the end of the year.

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
That Spanish is sweet, but I LOVE the trade bead. Beautiful. Great finds!

-Ox

Greylock

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some great finds again! Congrats on the Spanish.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Life is stranger than fiction sometimes.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys rock. Hard to believe the wide variety of relics and coins your sites cough up. Awesome stuff, as always.:icon_thumleft:

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on finding Spanish Silver once again! I have no idea what it's like to break a Spanish Silver slump since I have yet to find me a piece Spanish Silver...but I have lots of hope. That's what makes this hobby so exciting. :thumbsup:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yaba daba doo!!!! Congrats on that 26th Spanish guys. :notworthy: That's the same year as my oldest coin, a 1775 one reale.
Will, I think you're ready for Mardi Gras with all those beads you have. :tongue3:
Well done gents, and thanks again for shooting the videos. Keep em' coming!
-MM-

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude,I love those trade beads. Makes you wonder whose hands they have been in and what story they have to tell.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just love that old silver, it's a good day when ever you get one.
I think maybe the flint is find of the day though...how often would one of those get found ? And if not an eye ball find, pretty much never.

PS my last spanish was Sept 19th...maybe one is in my near future...better get out of the house if it's going to happen :laughing7:

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe I'm the first to reply to this thread Buck. Congrats on breaking your temporary "slump", and hope this is the beginning of yet another hot streak that you can ride through the end of the year.

You and me both! Hard to know what the ground will give up at any time, and I hope we'll average more than 2 per month going forward, but even if our average holds we might get to 30 by New Year's. Good to hear from you my friend.

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm beginning to get bored finding Colonial Spanish silver coins :( Nah, not really lol But I would like to find a gun flint! And more trade beads, I only have the one pink one that I'm not sure if I ever posted. Great short hunt! Shooting for 30 for 2013!! Laissez les bons temp rouler!!! Everybody please weigh in on my latest "what is it" post. I am really curious as to what it is...........Cheers- Shanegalang- The great Cane Field bandits of Southern Louisiana :)

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Spanish is sweet, but I LOVE the trade bead. Beautiful. Great finds!

-Ox

Yeah, I love the trade bead too. Seems like I've only found half a dozen or so of them in 2 years. They're hard to see, and they have to be close enough to the top to wash out from the rain.

Cheers,

Buck

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yaba daba doo!!!! Congrats on that 26th Spanish guys. :notworthy: That's the same year as my oldest coin, a 1775 one reale.
Will, I think you're ready for Mardi Gras with all those beads you have. :tongue3:
Well done gents, and thanks again for shooting the videos. Keep em' coming!
-MM-

This Mardi Gras, I'm gonna mail you a piece of King Cake. :D

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That will not be the last Spanish to come from that field BB!! As you know, I really wanted to eyeball one of those beads last winter. The French gunflint is a cool find. Both you & Shane dug Shield Nickels-What are the odds on that? WTG & HH, Q.

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just love that old silver, it's a good day when ever you get one.
I think maybe the flint is find of the day though...how often would one of those get found ? And if not an eye ball find, pretty much never.

PS my last spanish was Sept 19th...maybe one is in my near future...better get out of the house if it's going to happen :laughing7:

Haha, yes getting out of the house is important to success. ;) I was very pleased that the flint was not damaged. The others I have eyeballed were damaged by the plow.

Best Wishes,

Buck

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm beginning to get bored finding Colonial Spanish silver coins :( Nah, not really lol But I would like to find a gun flint! And more trade beads, I only have the one pink one that I'm not sure if I ever posted. Great short hunt! Shooting for 30 for 2013!! Laissez les bons temp rouler!!! Everybody please weigh in on my latest "what is it" post. I am really curious as to what it is...........Cheers- Shanegalang- The great Cane Field bandits of Southern Louisiana :)

Hahaha! Hey I hope you get out there and dig another before November 1! If we can get one more, then we have a chance at 31 for the year, which would give us 50 in 2 years!

Congrats on your oldest silver!

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That will not be the last Spanish to come from that field BB!! As you know, I really wanted to eyeball one of those beads last winter. The French gunflint is a cool find. Both you & Shane dug Shield Nickels-What are the odds on that? WTG & HH, Q.

Hunt before last, he dug two Shields. Strange how they're all coming up now! Hoping one of those nickel signals is a gold coin!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that's a slump what the heck am in in? I'd tell you when my last Spanish was, but is too far back to remember!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread