Broken base on this piece or is it a intact Triangle?

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted this piece the other day thinking it was a heartbreaker. I should have originally posted more pics of the other side too. A couple members said it looks like a intact triangle to them and now I am wondering if it is not broke at all. What has me confused is I am not sure if the possible problem area spot on the base on that one side is where the piece might have broke or maybe just roughly thinned and possibly ground? One of the things that has me confused for example is that little jagged flake piece that is sticking out from the area in question? I tried to get the best shots of it I could with this crap camera I have. Hoping you guys can help me out. 001.JPG 010.JPG 017.JPG 019.JPG 032.JPG 036.JPG 040.JPG 041.JPG

Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Possibly broken during manufacturing? The quartz is notoriously hard to knapp. You have to look at it and wonder what it might have been used for. I have never heard of resharpening quartz points but they had amazing skills.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was starting to think that maybe it was thinned in that spot for hafting, now I am sure it is broken. I did kind of misrepresent it in the original post, looked complete in the pics. Thanks for the help.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes quartz is hard to tell sometimes still frame worthy if you wish to do that. I put some brokes in my frames along with the whole ones

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread