Broken Points, Any Way To ID Them??

Arsenal

Jul 13, 2016
Austin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is darn near impossible to find intact pieces surface hunting a creek bed, but I digress. I found these two broken points and the pink chert on has me fascinated. Was it reworked?

Thanks in advance!!

DSCF8382 (2).JPG DSCF8465 (2).JPG DSCF8470 (2).JPG DSCF8472 (2).JPG DSCF8473 (2).JPG

Upvote 0

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds!
HH
dts

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 1st and 2nd I would say to be a Dalton, the 3rd it's hard to say, but jmo it a small point with a bad impact break Great finds , don't give up on creeks ,I find more whole points in creeks than I do in plowed fields.:thumbsup:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft: Nice! I appears that you have potential in the area that you are searching. There appears to be some nice workmanship on the last piece, too bad the base and tip are damaged.

Bow Only

Jun 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first one doesn't look ground and isn't flaked like a Dalton, but I'm not sure what it is.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the pink one I found 1 almost just like it same color and shape with the snapped stem just a couple of weeks ago. I called it Jasper but not real sure on the type. Maybe you will find a whole one on your next trip, good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread