Bromo Seltzer

mcmich

Mar 2, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Tiger Shark
"For headache, disordered stomach and hang-over, to cool the blood and brain, to quiet pulsing nerves and drive the clouds of care away, not to mention nervous prostration, Bromo-Seltzer was the modern cure-all. Isaac E. Emerson, a Baltimore Druggist began widespread Bromo-Seltzer in November of 1890." I think I may have that nervous prostration thing, need to get some of this. Sounds like Alka Seltzer huh.
ad-nov-1890.jpg
Found the 2 1/2 inch trial size bottle in a creek by an old house. Amazing it was stiil intact but it is a sturdy little bottle. Going for $5 bucks on the bay. I'll take what I can get.
bottle.JPG
Bronze star I assume from a bridal ?
star1.JPG
Nice button, at least I think so, brass, some words on the back I cant make out, looks like "rich gold" or something. I wish. Any comments?
button.JPG
ball.JPG
Well thats what I dug last weekend . Ohh, one more, this ball, have no idea on this either

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Really like the bridal star and blue Bromo bottle. :thumbsup:

Keep digging!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your shield shaped Saddle Ornament is listed as "Unknown Shield" in the book "Excavated Artifacts from Battlefields and Campsites of the Civil War 1861-1865 by Stanley Phillips. The piece is stamped brass and lead-filled, and dates to the mid 1800s. These were likely used by civilians, but evidently a few of them saw wartime use.

It is a Wonderful find. :thumbsup:

Best Wishes,

Buckleboy

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Bromo, Real Cool Find! Nice stuff all around.

Good luck,
HH.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I've always had a thing for those cobalt bromo bottles. I have dug all three sizes, also the screw-top variety, look cool in the window.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread