Bronx NY???

I_Dig_NYC

Jan 25, 2008
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
Hello there fellow Bronx-ite.. Free detector cool.. "If it's free it's for me".. I always say... Got a Prizm 2 myself, had to pay for it though ;D

I_Dig_NYC

Jan 25, 2008
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
Almost forgot to say that I just received my 2008 permit.. Disappointed in the limited areas you can hunt. Also took about a month for it to arrive.. All you need to send is a photo copy of your D.L. and your name, address and phone number.. It looks pretty cool with the raised seal and stamp.. Now I am officially able to go digging ;D

EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im in the bronx. Been MDing for a year now. Have a few spots scouted for this year and a new F-75.

I_Dig_NYC

Jan 25, 2008
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
Hey EZrider nice to hear from a fellow Bronxite, was wondering who was beating me to the good stuff.. ??? ??? ;D ;D

I'm gonna send you a PM so we could chat. Also we are having a group hunt in April I could fill you in on.

Harry

EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want in on the group hunt. If any of you guys want to get together somewhere for a couple hour hunt thats cool too.

I_Dig_NYC

Jan 25, 2008
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
Hey EZrider I usually hit Van Cortland or I bounce around some tot lots in Yonkers. Also an area on Mosholu Parkway. I am by the Bronx River Parkway. I hit that a few time and found lots of clad. But then I got caught by Park police and narrowly escaped a 450 dollar fine. it's not on the permit. Do you have your permit? Where do you hunt? Sorry to ask you here but I sent you a PM and I didn't hear back. i hope you don't mind filling me in, maybe we can compare some notes.

Harry.

EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CIMG0453.jpg

My best finds of last year, nothing old other than the coins.

OP
OP
Evolx10

Evolx10

Dec 20, 2007
Bronx - NY
Detector(s) used
DFX-300, M6
Hmm little late getting back but i honestly forgot about this forum, I've been sticking to the Whites forum, but no longer. I'll be checking this regularly now.

BTW, we just lost 2 parks in Brooklyn, Prospect & Owl's Head. Not that ive ever been to either NYC has too many rules i have a permit so i can hit Orchard in the fall - winter.

feel free to pm me, ill be sending some shortly.

RestoringYourFinds

Apr 11, 2012
Westchester, NY + FRANCE
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys,

As i can see, this post is getting a little old. Anyway, have to try replying it. I have just applied for my second permit but haven't used the first that much. I also joined 2 nice clubs but i am still looking to go out detecting a little more. Therefore i am looking for detecting buddies. I live in Westchester. Feel free to PM me.

Metro Retro

Apr 8, 2013
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone -- I just joined this Forum today.

I'm also seeking a club in either the Bronx or lower Westchester. I'm mailing in my NYC permit today.

DonF

Nov 28, 2006
Brick, NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Whites 5900/DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello.
I live in NJ, but originally from the Bronx. I've been hitting the back of Pelham Bay Park so far. I got my permit and looking forward to doing a little more hunting this summer if any of you are free.

BIGDOG947

Jan 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone -- I just joined this Forum today.

I'm also seeking a club in either the Bronx or lower Westchester. I'm mailing in my NYC permit today.

I recently joined the forum, I am totally new at this hobby, waiting for my permit. I reside in the bronx, looking for someone to go out and do some hunting, either in the Bronx area or lower Westchester, do have transportation. You can contact me at 6463198675, perhaps someone knows of a club in the westchester/bronx area? Thanks for any replies.

five10freak

Tenderfoot
May 11, 2016
Bronx,NY
Detector(s) used
whites spectra V3I, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i just love diggin up old threads :headbang:, Bronx native here and i'm looking for like minded people to go detecting with, i have a very flexible schedule. permit in one hand and detector in the other ready to start.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread