Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
steelheadwill said:
Thanks All!
Hi Pete,
I dig those pewter items at all the sites I hunt ;D
I can't believe I didn't recognize the harpoon is a match for the one used on the
boat I fish on :-[
The day someone Hooked the blue shark it wasn't on board, so they tried to boat it with 2 gaffs, (not) :laughing7:
Photo with bent rod was a nice bluefin, mate attempted to harpoon 3 times, (not)
Bounced right off it's skin, gotta keep them razor sharp.
We did boat a few small bluefin last year on 30 lb cod rigs.
Anyone up for Headboat codfishing out of NH, you can't beat Gauron in Hampton.
Get on the Northern Star with Captain Rocky, let me know and I'll join you.
Great Boat & crew!
HH all :hello:
So is that you holding the tail of that tuna Herbie?

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
steelheadwill said:
Thanks All!
Hi Pete,
I can't believe I didn't recognize the harpoon is a match for the one used on the
The day someone Hooked the blue shark it wasn't on board, so they tried to boat it with 2 gaffs, (not) :laughing7:
Photo with bent rod was a nice bluefin, mate attempted to harpoon 3 times, (not)
Great Boat & crew!

:o :o :o I hear ya.Rub salt in my wound. ;D Must be nice :wink: :thumbsup: Not so easy here.Put it this way I can drive out the road 5min. & buy that harpoon/dart. ;D But I can't drive out the road 5min. & find a pewter 17th-18th century button. :laughing7: Or even guarantee finding one at all. :tongue3: But your location I guess helps with that being so close to Mass. & Conn.. :headbang:
At the beginning of the French and Indian War (1754), the period when the American people "set up for themselves" in political and social life, there was no exact count of the inhabitants; but from a careful examination of official records, Mr. Bancroft estimated the number as follows:
Colonies.
White.
Colored.

Massachusetts

New Hampshire

Connecticut

Rhode Island

New York

New Jersey

Pennsylvania and Delaware

Maryland

Virginia

North Carolina

South Carolina

Georgia

Total

At this period the extent of the territorial claims of England and France was well defined on maps published by Evans and Mitchell in 1754. The British North American colonies stretched coastwise along the Atlantic about 1,000 miles, but inland their extent was very limited. New France extended over a much wider space, from Cape Breton to the mouth of the Mississippi River. The English colonies at that time had a population of 1,485,634, of whom 292,738 were negroes. The French were about 100,000 in number, but they had strong alliances with the Indians. The Indians populated the region on the interior edge of the British colonies. The Indians were frustrated with the constant encroachments and poor treatment by the English, were always ready for war.

Take Care & Keep finding the goodies!
Pete, :hello:

OP
OP
steelheadwill

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Woodland Detectors said:
steelheadwill said:
Thanks All!
Hi Pete,
Great Boat & crew!
So is that you holding the tail of that tuna Herbie?
Hi Mike, Those are the crew of the 'Northern Star'
this is me with a 41 lb Halibut I caught last season.
(catching a Keeper atlantic Halibut is the equivalent of digging an early Gold Coin)
Still working on that metal detecting story for ya!

Attachments

• 41 HALIBUT.jpg
    41 HALIBUT.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 367
OP
OP
steelheadwill

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Timekiller said:
steelheadwill said:
Thanks All!
Hi Pete,
Great Boat & crew!

:o :o :o I hear ya.Rub salt in my wound. ;D Must be nice :wink: :thumbsup: Not so easy here.Put it this way I can drive out the road 5min. & buy that harpoon/dart. ;D But I can't drive out the road 5min. & find a pewter 17th-18th century button. :laughing7: Or even guarantee finding one at all. :tongue3: But your location I guess helps with that being so close to Mass. & Conn.. :headbang:
At the beginning of the French and Indian War (1754), the period when the American people "set up for themselves" in political and social life, there was no exact count of the inhabitants; but from a careful examination of official records, Mr. Bancroft estimated the number as follows:
Colonies.
White.
Colored.

Massachusetts

New Hampshire

Connecticut

Rhode Island

New York

New Jersey

Maryland

Virginia

North Carolina

South Carolina

Georgia

Total

At this period the extent of the territorial claims of England and France was well defined on maps published by Evans and Mitchell in 1754. The British North American colonies stretched coastwise along the Atlantic about 1,000 miles, but inland their extent was very limited. New France extended over a much wider space, from Cape Breton to the mouth of the Mississippi River. The English colonies at that time had a population of 1,485,634, of whom 292,738 were negroes. The French were about 100,000 in number, but they had strong alliances with the Indians. The Indians populated the region on the interior edge of the British colonies. The Indians were frustrated with the constant encroachments and poor treatment by the English, were always ready for war.

Thanks Pete,
Great info!
I moved away from the seacoast 2 years back, that's where I find the oldies, I wish I was MDing when I lived there, Property was right on the small bay that had a tidal powered gristmill dating back to 16-1700s.
I have become proficient at recognizing areas on the coast that have seen early activity, and find blistered pewter on most hunts.
Now I live almost 40 miles inland, and definitely am not so good at finding the interior hotspots. (not for lack of trying).
This is consistent with the statements about most activity being near the coast rather than inland during the early 1700s.
Today I will be pounding that Meetinghouse area and 1770 militia training grounds.
(which I have searched several times, yeilding only one nice 1880 IH).
The soil is very soft, I believe all the oldies have sunk deep, I gotta dig those whispers and nulls.
Great digs to You :hello:

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
steelheadwill said:
Timekiller said:
steelheadwill said:
Thanks All!
Hi Pete,
Great Boat & crew!

Colonies.
White.
Colored.

Massachusetts

New Hampshire

Connecticut

Rhode Island

New York

New Jersey

Maryland

Virginia

North Carolina

South Carolina

Georgia

Total

Thanks Pete,
Great info!
I moved away from the seacoast 2 years back, that's where I find the oldies, I wish I was MDing when I lived there, Property was right on the small bay that had a tidal powered gristmill dating back to 16-1700s.
I have become proficient at recognizing areas on the coast that have seen early activity, and find blistered pewter on most hunts.
Now I live almost 40 miles inland, and definitely am not so good at finding the interior hotspots. (not for lack of trying).
Today I will be pounding that Meetinghouse area and 1770 militia training grounds.
(which I have searched several times, yeilding one nice early IH).
The soil is very soft, I believe all the oldies have sunk deep, I gotta dig those whispers and nulls.
Great digs to You :hello:
Good Luck buddy & great pics. you posted. :thumbsup:
Take Care,

OP
OP
steelheadwill

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
allen said:
i hate digging fully loaded bullets like those !
Always afraid they will go off in the car.
Hi Allen,
I've gotten dozens (hundreds?) of Different type live rounds from one area,
all dating Indian/Spanish war era, must have had a small boat overturn or something.
this hotchkiss 37mm hi explosive round gave me the willies, it's Huge! ;D

Attachments

• NC FINDS 01-17001.jpg
    NC FINDS 01-17001.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 329
  • NC FINDS 01-17001.jpg
    NC FINDS 01-17001.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 320

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread