Bronze statue signed murphy.

isabella1

Mar 2, 2013
We bought a bronze duck statue this week at a flea market. It's signed Terrence j Murphy 19/20. Anyone know the value of this stuff? Or any ideas to research? I paid $175

image-2432803331.jpg

image-4278504394.jpg

image-2010143257.jpg

image-2010143257.jpg

image-4164765782.jpg

19/20 means that it was the 19th out of 20 casts produced. A limited series.
Hope that helps.

I would say you hit a BIG home run there. If you are selling, I would start with the major auction houses. You can also look to specialty houses (cowboy art, western art), and see if you can find an auction to list it in. I would not Ebay that.

:/ my mother wants to keep it.....
I went to grade school with Terry Murphy's kids. Terry was the real deal. He had a huge meta building foundry on their sprawling property in Montana. I've seen his stuff go for thousands. Nice find!

So much quicker to ask the experts!!! :)

That's a great find!! Well done! For me, the research is half the fun if not more. To do some searching and to watch the mystery unfold is a big part of the whole treasure hunting thing. At least for me. Don't get me wrong. I love it when I find something great and I know exactly what it is. But the mystery items are what keeps me on my toes and wanting to learn more.

:/ my mother wants to keep it.....

Your mother sounds like a smart Lady; good taste in art, she knows a great deal when she got one and that piece will only go up in value over time.

I would keep it too.

Very nice sculpture. Great price too

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back