"Brookie"

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
"Brookie"

In Iowa they have competitions for the selection of art to be used on Stamps such as the Duck stamp,Trout and another called Habitat Stamp. This was an entry in one of those competitions back in the middle 80.s It never placed in that event,but was fun entering. When I find the photo of another entry that did place I will post it For those who don't Trout fish,this is a Brook!Thanks for looking Fish pictures don't do much for me. I prefer farms and birds.Thanks for looking,am I boring you guys yet!!
Van

Attachments

• HSPICTURES 085-Changed.jpg
    HSPICTURES 085-Changed.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 216
OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Re: "Brookie"

bigfish31 said:
Looks just like the real thing.
BigFish, I don't know how familiar your are with Brookies,but you see the little line that runs down the full length of the fish,from what Ive been told that is on all Brookies
Thanks for your kind comment.
Van

Bassfish

Jul 12, 2006

It sure is, except the unfortunate few that land in the frying pan!! ;D

Very well done!

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007

Bassfish said:
It sure is, except the unfortunate few that land in the frying pan!! ;D

Very well done!
Thanks BassFish.There a cool fish to try and catch.One of my friends trout fishes and he took me with him prior to painting this so I could get a better idea of what Trout fishing is all about. One of the things I liked about it the best was the area that he took me was really pretty.
Van

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202

That's a great picture Van...and you're sure not boring me!

I'm just trying to figure out how you have time to do all these great paintings ???

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007

wesfrye53 said:
That's a great picture Van...and you're sure not boring me!

I'm just trying to figure out how you have time to do all these great paintings ???
Wes these paintings were done over a long period of time. I'm a lazy painter. I don't hardly paint at all during warm wheather. The paintings that I usually paint are pretty large,generally about 20 x 30 and I paint about 2 a year on a good year.I have two in progress at this time,but haven't did much on them,I'm starting to get in to the mood recently.This Trout painting is 7 x 11. That is the size required by the State for entries in to there competitions. I enjoy all your nice comments,thank you.
Van

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007

CarolinaDigs said:
Van YOUR art could never bore anyone !! This is a great painting. Should have won an award !! You have the talent of a Master :)
Carolina you are too kind. Ive never took first place in these stamp contests but have been close Iowa has changed the way they do things with these events. I don't mess with it anymore,but it was fun while I did it. There are a lot of young artist that can paint circles around this ol guy.Thanks for your comments its appreciated.
Van

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread