Brothers Fall Hunt Day 1

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
My brother Rick, (DetectoDude) and I got out for our first day of the Fall Hunt. Went to several places including the Copper Pit. I found a nice 1827 Large cent and a Military button with an eagle and anchor, but can't identify it. Rick found an AU 1923 Mercury Dime along with some nice buttons and other things. It was absolutely beautiful today with the temperature in the 70's and a clear blue sky with all the leaves turning colors. We also found a bunch of Wheaties that are soaking in Hydrogen Peroxide. Tomorrow we have scheduled an early 1800 Farm not to far from here. Will keep you posted...Lance

Attachments

• Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 029.jpg
    Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 029.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 406
  • Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 033.jpg
    Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 033.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 397
  • Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 035.jpg
    Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 035.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 402
Upvote 0
Very nice finds. It's nice that the two of you share the same hobby and even though you are so far away from each other you can get together occasionally to enjoy it. Where are you originally from since one is VT and the other Calf.? Just a noisy question. :) Have a good week hunting I hear we are suppose to have showers for the next two days so hopefully you can get out between rain drops. ;)
Mchamby

That's great you saved some good spots for your brother. I can't wait to see what else you guys dig up.

Cool! I love those big Cents. You and your bro have a great time and find some more good stuff. HH! Chris

Really great stuff Lance!!! You two did good!

Good luck for your trip tomorrow! Looking forward to your next post!

Nana ?;)

Excellent!

HH

Lonewolfe

Lance,
I was looking up your button and I didn't find the exact button but I found that a lot of federal civil war navy uniforms had the eagle seated on or holding an anchor as it's logo. Just thought I'd give you that tidbit of info. If I find anything else out i'll post ya!

HH

Steven

Comfey,

sounds like you two are having a good time,

enjoy your hunting..

you and yours have a good un....
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

nice finds, wish I would find some coins that old.......HH

Great finds!! any other marks on the buttons? Both Ag and Au are grades used for coins, Almost Good and Almost Uncirculated, That kinda looks Au to me, but im not sure if a grading service would grade it that high being dug.

WTG great finds
good looking merc

WOW!!! Lance, Great digs, WTG!!!
Love that little car, they had some real charactor to them back then...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Thats good stuff. Nothing like family! :)

Nice finds Lance. You and your brother could do some damage together over there. What types of detectors do you run. The coppers from your state are in very nice condition. My brother's name is Lance also and we hunt all the time together. Nothing like hunting with your brother.

Keep up the good work.

HH Jeremy

What a great area you live in, Your are lucky to have all that history all around you. You always find really neat artifacts.

You guys are doing great, nice large cent as usual Lance and that Merc! Man that's beauty Rick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back