BU 55-P Rosie and PF 60 Lincoln ender

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
BU '55-P Rosie and PF '60 Lincoln ender

M results lately have been far better than any us of can expect, so I new a cooler was coming. Had a very slow week. No AG from the halves boxes. Today picked up $16 cents, $64 nickels and $120 dimes, all MWR. The cents yielded a beautiful proof 1960 ender. It's great. Overall our 4th proof penny, I'm thinking it's going to be a while before we find another proof ender! Only found 5 wheats. Didn't find any noteworthy nickels. got to second to last roll of dimes and saw a silver edge but it didn't look like a silver, probably foreign. Pulled it out and it's a screaming 1955-P, probably MS-61/62. Just beautiful. I don't hunt dimes much (only $11,645 in my career) but I thought '55 was a rare date. I believe now it's the hardest Rosie to find which is hilarious because it's only the 51st silver Rosie I've found. No volume but a couple of cool finds.

Got a lot of coins in from eBay today. Turns out the key coins in the lot are counterfeit. Will be interesting to see how well the return goes, have never had this happen before.

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
A couple of interesting finds. Im curious what the counterfeit coins are you got on ebay. That does sound like it might be interesting and maybe challenging getting a refund from a seller like that but you can always open a case with ebay if the seller is unwilling to cooperate. I've have good experience with eBay's customer protection policy in the past when dealing with a seller who sold me some coins that weren't as described and who was unwilling to offer me a refund for the returned coins. And if you can confirm for sure the coins are counterfeit it sounds like it would be a good idea to contact ebay anyway to try and get the seller banned from selling on ebay.

I used to buy coins on ebay fairly regularly myself in the past but Im a little more cautious about it now for that very reason you just seemed to have experienced. As far as I know I never received any counterfeit coins but there sure seems to be more and more fake coins being sold these days and Im going to try and be more careful about buying from now on. Good luck to you.

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
They were East India Company 1 Rupee coins from 1840 and 1903, in a lot with other foreign silver coins - Canadian, Australian, New Zealand, Belgium. Paid about $125 for the lot. The Indian coins I received are clearly not silver, aren't old, aren't even struck coins, rather they're cast. I'm a moron when it comes to coins but even I can tell with 100% certainty they're fake. I'm giving they guy through tomorrow to come to his senses and accept the return. If not then we'll us the 'ole eBay return policy and the unleashed eBay feedback mechanism.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread