Bucket list Dream trip to N.C

catfishjim90

Mar 29, 2011
My two buddys and i are going to the miller creek area in N.C TO prospect. My buddys sister has some property in the mountains, that has a couple of nice creeks and an old abandand mine up the hill. We will not be going there as it is private property.The eleavation is 1800 feet at her place with 3000 foot peaks close by.We are all old men, hopefully we make it back in one piece.We will be there about 10 days. Has anybody out there done any good in this area?If so any tips,what to look for advice and what not.
Thanks again for any help and advice.
Jim Jim and wayne.

Upvote 0

Barndawg

Jan 14, 2011
Illinois (STL area)
Detector(s) used
Home made gold prospecting equipment of various types
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is gonna be one hell of an adventure Jimbo.... Can't wait!:headbang:

OP
OP
C

catfishjim90

Mar 29, 2011
The property is only about 4 miles from the blue ridge park way,as the crow fly's

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure beats three old men signing up for a gym and showing everyone the knobby knees, varicose veins, and pasty white skin - lol!

Oldyoungtimer

Feb 20, 2013
That's for sure fullpan! Lol. Hope you men find some good chunks and have a great adventure while you can still get out and enjoy nature. That's what i hope to do someday when I'm old and retired. Join the ldma and travel the country prospecting and grow me a giant beard! My line of work won't let me. Well good luck!

Barndawg

Jan 14, 2011
Illinois (STL area)
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dang Jimbo. Everyone thinks I'm all OLD or something now...... I may feel really old, but 48 isn't as old as you have people imagining. :dontknow:

Oldyoungtimer

Feb 20, 2013
Lol sorry about that heard bucket list and read other post and assumed we were dealing with elderly LOL! What's that saying go ass out of u and me =assume?

Barndawg

Jan 14, 2011
Illinois (STL area)
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've been called worse than old or an ass....LOL Guess I'm still young enough to call myself a "Young Old timer" ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread