fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lanny posted a link to an article written by Russ Ford on crevicing. One of the things I got from the article was he didn't carry buckets. I'm honest, at the start of the season I hike in and stash a bucket or two and a diggin bar at a few different spots I frequent. End of season I pack them out. If I'm prospecting I take one or two small buckets that fit in my small crevicing pack. When prospecting I take the path less traveled, meaning no path, so small and lite is it. I know the buckets don't weigh much but they are bulky and not real comfortable in a small pack without suspension. Blah blah blah any who, in the article he uses canvas sample bags, which I liked the idea of. But that got me thinking,my wife has these nylon shopping bags that crumple up into themselves making a small little pouch. They are strong, after all there made for toting around canned goods and what not. Water doesn't effect them and they come with handles. Here's a picture what do you think?

IMG_20140202_091642.jpg

Upvote 0

sidvail

Jan 11, 2013
Cottonwood, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oooh, I like that. Smaller than canvas and lighter too. I haven't seen those before though. Just found them on google - definitely going in my backpack.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Very cool idea fowled! Do they come in a "rip-stop" weave? I could load a bunch of those into a single bucket with a lid and stash it on the claim.

OP
OP
fowledup

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, they are ripstop. They even have little d-rings for clipping on to pack. Mato & Hash brand are on sale thru Amazon for 99 cents a piece, excellent deal they are normally around 5-6 bucks. Just ordered 5 for me, now I have to sneak my wife's back where they belong before she notices.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread