Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Re: Buckle down Irene, I am coming

I was surprised, most jewelers will only pay 30% of spot and they give you the weight in grams so it is hard to compare to spot that is stated in troy ounces. Well I finally found a dealer that pays 50% of spot in cash. Those hundreds looked good ! I will post the pictures later. My net book is not set up for memory cards yet. Frank

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frankn said:
I was surprised, most jewelers will only pay 30% of spot and they give you the weight in grams so it is hard to compare to spot that is stated in troy ounces. Well I finally found a dealer that pays 50% of spot in cash. Those hundreds looked good ! I will post the pictures later. My net book is not set up for memory cards yet. Frank
You can do much better than that on ebay. I averaged $28-$30+ a gram on there recently. I would never sell for less than 85-90% spot and even I could probably do better by sending it to Midwest, they pay 95%.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

OK, I know I am slow, but here are the Irene recovery photos. The first is the gold cross and chain. The next are in this order.
Ocean object as found-Front
Ocean object rear after abrasive blasting. Note bracket across back.
Ocean object after blasting and steel wire brushing. Note, there were no sparks.

What do you picture from it. The thing that scares me is I can see Gabrial in it & I can see the devil in it. Your opinion? Frank

PS I hit a state park that has been closed to detecting all summer on Tuesday!! Cherry picking time!!

Attachments

• gold cross chain.jpg
    gold cross chain.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 87
  • ocean object before.jpg
    ocean object before.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 97
  • ocean object rear blasted.jpg
    ocean object rear blasted.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 90
  • sea object after blasting and brushing.jpg
    sea object after blasting and brushing.jpg