Buckleboy WAS NOT held hostage by the KGC!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well By GAWD! This Kentucky thread did come alive all of a sudden! I guess I'll make a post so nobody accuses me of gettin' held hostage by the KGC or the KDM or something.

So... between the allergies and the heat and the grading of papers and all of the end-of-term nightmare that goes along with teaching college, I HAVE been out to hunt. The trouble is that I've had a streak of skunks as long as DC's! Been to some good sites this month, most dating well into the 1800's. And the total haul for May? A few wheats and a TON of clad. :-[ SKUNKTASTIC!

And I'm taking a 5 week sabbatical from TNET and detecting in general to go teach in Salzburg Austria starting this upcoming Tuesday...So now I'm lookin' at all my research and wondering if those fields will ever get harvested and hoping for fall. Now don't get me wrong--I'll be out this summer and I'm determined to break the skunky streak. But those old home sites and CW sites will have to wait. To put things in perspective...this is the first year in 15 years of metal detectin' that I have not found a silver coin by the summer months. I'm embarrassed to say that, but it is unfortunately true. Now, I DID find two VIRGIN Civil War sites this spring--one in January and one in March! So that's where my research focus has been. Those sites have been great this spring, and I'm sure they won't disappoint this fall. But now I hear the silver train callin', and I'm not gonna miss it this summer.

'Till then,

Buckleboy
signature.jpg
Redheaded Stepchild of the KDM

Attachments

• signature.jpg
    signature.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 267

AnOldPro

Jan 14, 2007
Northern Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266XB & CZ6
Don't worry about a thing while you are gone those 5 weeks to Krautland, buckleboy.... I'll team up with ol' kindafoundabuckle and we will take care of those CW "virgins" you found. When you return... you will find them both very "experienced" (Hee, hee, hee!).

Just kidding, of course. Hope all goes well in Austria. Look forward to doing some more hunting with you after your return. May have the whole month of July free from work so hunts can be arranged. While you are gone we will try to chase all those nasty "skunks" out of Kaintucky so we can find all those rare and beautiful gold and silver coins they have been hiding from us. ;) Maybe we will just send them all over to Ohio and let the Cincy Bandit deal with them. ;D

Think I am gonna invent an "Anti-skunk" spray that you can put on before you go out with your detector so that the coins can't SMELL you coming!!
Anybody wanna place advance orders for this wondrous product? I'll try to keep the price to something reasonable like say... a gallon of gas. ;)

And speaking of gas... if they gouge us much more on the price we are all gonna have to quit detecting and start drilling for oil!!.

Anyway... happy trails, Will, til we speak again!

DC

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
Hey!

Seriously, when you go to Austria, bring me a couple of PEZ dispensers. That's where they originated. No Kidding. I'll pay you for them. Any of your favorite characters will do.
Burt

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Buckleboy,

We're all gonna miss you here. Take care and be safe. Have a great time in Austria. Too bad your not doing any detecting over there. Talk to you when you come back.

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
kindafoundabuckle said:
I think they make a Pee Wee Herman Pez dispenser.

I don't have a PeeWee , but I do have a "Bean". He's some bug-eyed fella from English TV I think.

Burt

Burt

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1320 said:
Are you taking a detector to Austria Will?

Jamie

Unfortunately not. It is illegal there--more stringent regs. than Germany. I think I could probably find some time, and my German is good enough to get some opportunities, but I had planned on leaving it at home. I'll be really busy teaching two 90 minute classes each day plus playing piano for the program there. If I can ever go for travel instead of work, you bet the detector will be going along!

Cheers,

Will

JimmyT

Jan 13, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Will,
Have yourself a ball when the time allows this is a trip of a lifetime. Hope to see all the pictures when you return and only wish I had been there with you.

Don't worry about all the sites you have been researching because I was with Tom this morning and he said it would be OK if I stood in for you while your away. Will take Pictures of all the great things we find and when you return will show them to you.

Just ease your mind and enjoy the trip everything here is covered.

Jim

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Wanted to publicly thank Tom for all the great finds that we made last week on Wills' sites. Kindafoundabuckle no more!

TRex post number one.

Jamie ;D

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh well, I guess I'll just have to find another pair of virgins this fall. These next two will be just for my personal enjoyment. I'll pass 'em off to you dogs after they have been POUNDED a bit :D

Will

JimmyT

Jan 13, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Nice to hear your doing just fine Will. Can't wait for your new sites to come into play. :) :) On the serious side for the last two weeks around here you would need a jackhammer to dig a hole. We need a good two days of slow soaking rain to make a difference so I figured if we can't get the water to come to us then we need to go to the water. Guess I will be getting wet next week.

Take Care

Jim

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about the rain there. If I had known that, I would have sent some of the rain from here in your direction! It is always coming across the Alps. I hope it gets rainy there soon. If not I will try to drag some back with me. Take care Jimmy T. Good to hear from ya.

W

AnOldPro

Jan 14, 2007
Northern Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266XB & CZ6
You'd think all those tears the Kaintucks are crying about no rain would be enough to soften the dirt so they could dig their finds!

Hey, Will... have to admit I am shocked.... didn't think your lofty mind would be brought down to fantasies of finding two virgins to "pound". Besides, you know the possibilities of finding even one virgin in Kain-tucky is less than the odds of finding Bigfoot and getting him to dig your signals for you. ;)

DC

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AnOldPro said:
You'd think all those tears the Kaintucks are crying about no rain would be enough to soften the dirt so they could dig their finds!

Hey, Will... have to admit I am shocked.... didn't think your lofty mind would be brought down to fantasies of finding two virgins to "pound". Besides, you know the possibilities of finding even one virgin in Kain-tucky is less than the odds of finding Bigfoot and getting him to dig your signals for you. ;)

DC

To quote the greatest artist that ever lived, "Now that's funny, I don't care who ya are"! Don't worry Dorian. I was only talking about sites ;) I didn't know that your lofty mind would go there either! ;D The odds are about the same as finding a silver coin in a public park in Louisville!

Regards,

Will

kindafoundabuckle

Dec 9, 2006
In bed at the moment
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1320 said:
Wanted to publicly thank Tom for all the great finds that we made last week on Wills' sites. Kindafoundabuckle no more!

TRex post number one.

Jamie ;D
That was some good hunting wasnt it Jamie? Best looking CS plate I have ever seen. Still trying to figure out the name on the reverse of the plate. J H Morgan? We will figure that one out one way or another. Probably some grunt in the reb army.

T

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread