Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent photo encounter! :thumbsup:

Now all you need to do is to arrange those cattle cakes in a manner so they lead into the shed, and as soon as they go in, shut the door, ''Presto'' venison is awaiting. :icon_scratch:, :laughing7:
:santasmile: If only it was that easy, Old Digger....lol.....I don't believe I'd want to get hemmed up in the shed with that old buck. :tongue3: I was glad to have a fence between me and them, especially when they locked horns. I don't think they knew what was going on around them, and all the other deer stopped to watch. Our horses and donkey even walked over to the fence to watch the fight! It's funny how animals will notice something like that.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know I got a new 50# recurve, and it will sail that arrow dead on every time, so....nah, long as Safeway has hamburger meat on sale and I can afford it that ole buck's safe from me. We never hunted for sport, always for subsistence.
We hunt, but it's to fill our freezer....none of the meat ever goes to waste.
This old buck has been in my husbands cross hairs a couple of times, but my daughter always talked him out of shooting it.
He'll probably live to a ripe old age and enjoy plenty of cookies along the way. :)

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AND WHAT is cattle cakes? roy,.,.[/QUOTE]

These are cattle cakes.

104.jpg

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
charmin are you close to the tall grass? does the buffalo walk by? AND WHAT is cattle cakes? roy,.,.
Roy...That picture that Old Digger posted is just what it is! The deer love it! And it has a lot of protein and really helps them through the hard winter months.
And Yes, I'm in the Tallgrass. And we see the buffalo everyday. As a matter of fact, the cowboys are gathering the buffalo right now. Next week they will be running them through the corrals, branding the new calves, and inoculating them.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok digger and charmin thank you i feed corn and scratcn grain. how do you feed the cakes?

Roy I just scatter it out on the ground, and I do the same with my creep feed and corn.
I used to make piles of it, but the deer will stay longer if they have to 'forage' for it.
And if you spread it out, more than one buck can feed at a time. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread