maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you dont come to my house and replace any of the coins you find there. That wasnt a very cool thing to do, these were offerings to Buddha, not to you. Would you go to a church and replace the "good" coins, in the collection, for clad?

OP
OP
JohnBear

JohnBear

Apr 11, 2012
Saint Louis
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good coins? There Arnt any coins and the store was run buy young white hippies who should have not noticed it when collected

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So its alright to go to a store, and replace things of higher value, with things of lower value, because they are hippies? But of course if they wouldnt have noticed, then its probably alright! Where did you learn that?

OP
OP
JohnBear

JohnBear

Apr 11, 2012
Saint Louis
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A quarter is a quarter right? 25 cent so how did I replace it whit a coin of lesser value?

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you didnt know it had a higher value than a quarter? You go into a store, and steal a silver quarter, buy replacing it with a clad, and you cant figure out that you didnt do anything wrong? You really pulled one over on those Hippies!

OP
OP
JohnBear

JohnBear

Apr 11, 2012
Saint Louis
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew well aware what it was but to someone without the knowledge of it being silver uses it just as a 25cent coin so it's the same thing as a clad quarter cuz the would spend it all the same and they prolly didnt know it was silver I did nothing wrong for no one lost anything and it's not like a false idol such as Buddha would really know because hes not real it was a offering to a false idol so what's bad about switching the quarter

OP
OP
JohnBear

JohnBear

Apr 11, 2012
Saint Louis
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I mean come on was "Buddah" going to go to the mall and use that one quarter for a bubble gum ball? Well I replaces it with another so he still can

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey man, dont you get it? You stole something from the shop, just leave Buddha out of it. Then you come on to this site, and talk about how clever you are, since hippies are all stupid and dont know the difference between silver and clad.

Dihren

Jun 13, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with John Bear on this one. The workers at this business would have spent it as a quarter. He gained some money, and they stayed the same. So what's the problem? If I ever see a wheat penny or unusual coin in a take a penny leave a penny or tip jar, I take it and replace it with more than face value, which is the nice thing to do by the way John.

OP
OP
JohnBear

JohnBear

Apr 11, 2012
Saint Louis
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I shoulda left more that is true and I woulda but all I had on me was a quarter a penny and a dime

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
What you did, JohnBear, was reprehensible. It shows your true character. Irregardless of your beliefs, does not give you the right not to respect others beliefs. Perhaps the year of the quarter represented a year of importance i.e. Birth of a child/Death of a loved one/etc.

Dihren - equivocating a quarter in the lap of Buddha with the Leave a Penny/Take a Penny dish is not the same.

OP
OP
JohnBear

JohnBear

Apr 11, 2012
Saint Louis
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or it was just the fact that someone flicked a quarter from their pocket onto the buddha and it had no meaning at all? Except to do it because it was there? It's the same as a wishing pond... To gather change

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Or it was just the fact that someone flicked a quarter from their pocket onto the buddha and it had no meaning at all? Except to do it because it was there? It's the same as a wishing pond... To gather change

They could have wanted to give a little more than a clad quarter as offering to Buddha

Dihren

Jun 13, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woah that was in a dish to buddha? Totally missed that part. thought that it was just some tip jar at a restaurant or something. Yah it definitely could have been on purpose that they put that in there. Now that I understand all of the story, not cool JohnBear. Thats pretty rude. And then don't go about bragging about it.

Dihren

Jun 13, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So leave the dime and penny?? But yah... thats seriously rude of you.

OP
OP
JohnBear

JohnBear

Apr 11, 2012
Saint Louis
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a dish it was like a wishing well set up where people where just throwing change at the statue

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions