mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
I find it so disturbing extremists would rob the world of such cultural antiquities. & am so thankful at least some have been found. what a treasure.

C

Cappy Z.

mamabear said:
I find it so disturbing extremists would rob the world of such cultural antiquities. & am so thankful at least some have been found. what a treasure.

I appreciate your sense of indignation, however the communist Chinese probably have destroyed millions of artifacts from thousands of micro cultures during their reign of terror. This particular find is a good thing if the Chinese actually allow them to put it in a safe place like a museum. China also destroyed thousands of Buddhists temples not to mention reeducating the monks. Of course our leading trading partner also made sure hundreds of thousands of these monks..'went missing'. I'd be very careful where I'd dig in China.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree. Listening to the Dalhi Lama has opened my eyes to the atrocities china has forced on his people. Not just the art, but the murder of so many. & of course the giant Buddas the taliban blasted. what a great loss. I try to watch the specials they have on history channel & Nat.Geo. sometimes it's all I can do to finish the show I get so mad. but it's too easy to turn our eyes away & ignore the reality, & I feel I need to know whats going on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread